ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

type of visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

camara
Newly Registered

type of visa

Post by camara » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Hello guys
I am Non EU citizen, living with my British wife(Married for 2 and half years) legally in Ireland. I wanted to visit the UK for 3 days. what type of Visa do you thing I should apply for?
I wanted to let you know that previously I was failed asylum seeker in UK, and last year when I apply for Visa I was refuse based on the fact I apply for wrong Visa(family member visa) and the saw my finger print, but I Do not have any criminal record since a left UK four years ago. Do you thing I should apply for spouse visa. Please guys your advice would be helpful. Thank you very much.

Brown212

Re: type of visa

Post by Brown212 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 pm

camara wrote:Hello guys
I am Non EU citizen, living with my British wife(Married for 2 and half years) legally in Ireland. I wanted to visit the UK for 3 days. what type of Visa do you thing I should apply for?
I wanted to let you know that previously I was failed asylum seeker in UK, and last year when I apply for Visa I was refuse based on the fact I apply for wrong Visa(family member visa) and the saw my finger print, but I Do not have any criminal record since a left UK four years ago. Do you thing I should apply for spouse visa. Please guys your advice would be helpful. Thank you very much.
You can apply for family permit from Ireland, and if your wife have proof of exercising treaty right in Ireland you will be qualify for residence card in UK regardless of your previous immigration history.

camara
Newly Registered

Re: type of visa

Post by camara » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Brown212 wrote:
camara wrote:Hello guys
You can apply for family permit from Ireland, and if your wife have proof of exercising treaty right in Ireland you will be qualify for residence card in UK regardless of your previous immigration history.
well she's exercising treaty right in Ireland, but at the moment she's out of work as you know that in Ireland there are not enough job with the recession. what do u think we should do else? she was previously working for 5 years and now she's doing open universities course. what do thing guys we should do? advice always welcome. Thank you.

daddy
Member of Standing

re:help

Post by daddy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:17 am

Hi camara, since you have residence card eufam4, you do not need a visa to uk , but the condition is that you MUST travel together with your wife, also have your marriage certificate in your hand luggage to prove that she is your wife, if you can also print out the part of directives which explained no entry visa requirement for eu residence card holders.

If your wife ever worked in Ireland for more than 6 months in the past and you have the proove, then you would be able able to apply for residence card when you are already in uk. Again, it would be good to have a proove of address that have both your name and your wife's when doing your application in the uk, do not apply from outside the uk, better from inside.

Did you seek asylum in the uk previously with a different name?
Expecting your reply.Hope this would help you. feel free to ask any question.
Daddy.

camara
Newly Registered

Post by camara » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Daddy,

Thanks for your reply, Now are you sure we will not get stopped and asked for visa in the airport if we travel to the U.K? I have also sent you a email can you check that and email me back.

thanks in advance for your time.

:wink:

camara
Newly Registered

Post by camara » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Daddy,

Sorry that was a p.m not a email that I sent you.