ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 application refused urgent help please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saaj79
Newly Registered

Tier 4 application refused urgent help please

Post by saaj79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 am

hi my brother had applied for tier 4 visa from pakistan for english language course.college done skype interview and did mentioned on cas letter,but eco was not satisfied,eco give zero point for cas letter,althouh got 10 point for manitenance.
my question is now wat you suggest?
1:should my bro make a fresh application
and if yes what you think that what he can do to avoid this happened again?
2.other option is to go for administrative review but could you please
tell us some grounds.

and somebody please give us high court decision refrence of uk english that say no ielts required if you are coming to uk for language course.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

What does the refusal notice state as the reason(s) for refusal?

regards

saaj79
Newly Registered

Post by saaj79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What does the refusal notice state as the reason(s) for refusal?

regards
eco not satisfied on that college skypeinterview.eco said college should make some more effort to enure that he is able to follow the course.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

According to the rules, ECO made mistake as it is the responsibility of Tier 4 sponsor to decide how to assess your English Level. It was not supposed that an ECO with a maximum A Level education decides how English level of somone should be assessed. But as I said in another post, there is a random trend in visa application for English courses. I've seen exactly same cases which one got the visa and another refused.

I suggest that you apply again and at the same time apply for admin review based on the fact that Tier 4 Sponsor is the only one who should decide how to assess your level.

saaj79
Newly Registered

Post by saaj79 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am

samira_uk wrote:According to the rules, ECO made mistake as it is the responsibility of Tier 4 sponsor to decide how to assess your English Level. It was not supposed that an ECO with a maximum A Level education decides how English level of somone should be assessed. But as I said in another post, there is a random trend in visa application for English courses. I've seen exactly same cases which one got the visa and another refused.

I suggest that you apply again and at the same time apply for admin review based on the fact that Tier 4 Sponsor is the only one who should decide how to assess your level.
thanks sumera.could you please tell me or give me refrence of this as it is the responsibility of Tier 4 sponsor to decide how to assess your English Level. is it rule or some where in guidence,so that i can give refrence of this in my administrative review.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Article 88 of Tier 4 Guidance:
If a Tier 4 (General) student will be applying to study an English language course in the 88. United Kingdom using a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies assigned on or after 12 August 2010, and he/she is not from a majority English-speaking country, his/her Tier 4 Sponsor must also ensure that he/she is competent in English language at a minimum of CEFR level B1. It is the responsibility of the student’s Tier 4 sponsor to make this assessment and the Tier 4 sponsor must decide how best to do this.

But trust me, my friend applied two weeks ago and refused and today she could get her visa by EXACTLY the same documents. There is no more PBS exists for english courses.