ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: tier 1 (general) extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 pm

sankar wrote:how many days/months before existing tier 1 (General) visa expiry can we apply for an extension?

any idea pls...

~ sanka
As per HO rules applicants should apply for Extension 28days before the Expiry of the current Visa.. But as seen many applicants apply 2-3months before the visa expiry advantage is that in worst case scenerio they can reapply instead of leaving the country to apply again..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

sankar wrote:Hi All,
Does anyone know what does this mean?

I am applying for tier1 (General) Extension soon. I am slightly confused whether I need to register myself with local Police. I got dome info from "paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules", but unable to understand whom does it apply to? Is it for all Asian countries or some?

Please reply if anyone has come across such things.

~ sanka
Pls read REPORTING TO THE POLICE
If it applies to you, the visa we put in your passport will clearly say so. You must register at a specified police station within seven days of the requirement being made.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 pm

ahmaduet wrote:I had applied on 8th Dec,On 6th Jan I received an email from the case worker saying that my photograph is not recent ,so he asked me to send recent photographs which I did the same day.Now waiting when will I get my documents back :)
Atleast u have hopes and u know they asked u for what they thought was lacking in ur application..think of me..other than the reference letter dated 10th dec there has been no other acknowledgment since then..keep me informed of ur status..

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Iqraa

Dont worry,everything will be alright.I think now a days there are delays in posts.Agian good luck and all the best :)

Iqraa wrote:
ahmaduet wrote:I had applied on 8th Dec,On 6th Jan I received an email from the case worker saying that my photograph is not recent ,so he asked me to send recent photographs which I did the same day.Now waiting when will I get my documents back :)
Atleast u have hopes and u know they asked u for what they thought was lacking in ur application..think of me..other than the reference letter dated 10th dec there has been no other acknowledgment since then..keep me informed of ur status..

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

Hey Ahmad,

Lisn dude had u sent ur application thru royal mail special delivery? If so, then cant you track ur application thru their website? Did u tried doing it?

One more thing, if yes, then did they gave u separate tracking num from sending application and then for receiving it from the Border Agency?

Regards,

Iqraa

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 am

Hi

I didnot include self addressed envelope for sending back application.
I think if you have tracking number you can do it on post office website

Iqraa wrote:Hey Ahmad,

Lisn dude had u sent ur application thru royal mail special delivery? If so, then cant you track ur application thru their website? Did u tried doing it?

One more thing, if yes, then did they gave u separate tracking num from sending application and then for receiving it from the Border Agency?

Regards,

Iqraa

purunep
Newly Registered

need help for tier1 (high skill migration)

Post by purunep » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Guys!
Can anyway help me providing the sample documents you have provided on UK visa center?
I am also applying for tier1 high skill migration so I really need to see that I have right documents in my hand.
Thank you in advance.
my email ad: purunep@gmail.com

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: need help for tier1 (high skill migration)

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:05 am

Let us know what documents you have to prove the point.
All please create a new thread for your queries.
purunep wrote:Hi Guys!
Can anyway help me providing the sample documents you have provided on UK visa center?
I am also applying for tier1 high skill migration so I really need to see that I have right documents in my hand.
Thank you in advance.
my email ad: purunep@gmail.com

DEL2UK
Newly Registered

Post by DEL2UK » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:59 am

Recently received Tier1 extension.. dependents are currently in india.. how shd I proceed to apply for their visa extension..

pls anybody advice on this

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 am

DEL2UK wrote:Recently received Tier1 extension.. dependents are currently in india.. how shd I proceed to apply for their visa extension..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50608

As chetanojha already mentioned above, please create a new thread.

DEL2UK
Newly Registered

Post by DEL2UK » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:52 pm

DEL2UK wrote:Recently received Tier1 extension.. dependents are currently in india.. how shd I proceed to apply for their visa extension..

Receved the dependents application rejected saying used the wrong category..

I used right form but letter says.. dependents should apply for tier2 dependent visa... but I am on tier1..

its HO mistake.. how to proceed pls suggest;

DEL2UK
Newly Registered

Post by DEL2UK » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm

DEL2UK wrote:
Receved the dependents application rejected saying used the wrong category..

I used right form but letter says.. dependents should apply for tier2 dependent visa... but I am on tier1..

its HO mistake.. how to proceed pls suggest;
Any ideas on this please.. Senior's /Guru's

Shd I go for admin review or fresh application

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:55 am

It is simply a BIG blunder from BHC, you should easily win ur appeal...
Did u approach vfs because BHC shd fix their mistake for you without any fuss..

wait for others comments;

DEL2UK
Newly Registered

Post by DEL2UK » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:It is simply a BIG blunder from BHC, you should easily win ur appeal...

Tvn_ramesh, you are really a star... thanks for your timely advice. we won our appeal

God bless you

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 am

hi guys
I applied 22/2/10 in country (hsmp-tier1) self employed
still waiting
any advice?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 pm

DEL2UK wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:It is simply a BIG blunder from BHC, you should easily win ur appeal...

Tvn_ramesh, you are really a star... thanks for your timely advice. we won our appeal

God bless you
Congratulations D2U... Good to hear you got it resolved..

enjoy the moment..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

gaboon_viper wrote:hi guys
I applied 22/2/10 in country (hsmp-tier1) self employed
still waiting
any advice?

Thanks
Self Employed applications tend to take little longer time than the salaried Earnings because if the earnings proof are complicated the Caseworker would like to verify at the source; so you shd be little patient and let the CW comeback once the verification is completed..

demur123

Post by demur123 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:48 pm

yo gaboon,
Same case here , i have got around 5000 as self employed earnings as well, waiting since the last 45 days . caseworker looked at my case, had his break on easter, looked back at my case *growl* after easter and felt a bit demented n bored and must be sending telegrams (lol) to the sources i have supplied on self employment. once he received my case he got my file on top but now i can see my file on the bottom(when i close my eyes) of all those files.. my documents and passport are enjoying their stay at the uk border agency.. i wish i can communicate with my documents and ask them if their host (border agency) is treating them well.. now lemme talk sanely
uk border agency announced new timeline to solve all inside uk cases.
96% 3 weeks
2% 6 weeks (1 month n half)
2% 12 weeks (3 months)

with the experience i can say .
96% applications are those who have one salaried employment in 12 months .. very easy for case worker to use calculator and double check it with bank statements

2% multiple jobs in 12 months. a daunting task for case worker. It might take 2 hours for him to add figures. But for a GCSE student , it will take 5-10 minutes

2% multiple jobs + self employment.. WOW reading an accountant letter for the case worker can be a tedious task. He will approch the Head of the department, Contact sources to verify self employment and Ask other case workers for guidance. Adding figures can be sometimes obnoxious. Mistakes can lead to disaster for the recipent.

If you have got some humour to add , you are more than welcome to add it
Last edited by demur123 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

demur123

Post by demur123 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 pm

now its 54th day since i have posted my application through post.. lost my patience and called the lousy UK BORDER Agency Call Center and waited for 10 minutes. The women didnt even say hello , just asked me right away if my application was 14 weeks mature and when i said not, there was a big SORRY.. My hair started falling just because of this long wait. Anyone waiting since the first week of march? aahh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi Gaboor and Demur..

Any good news on ur applications guys??

Goodluck

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Wrong spot for post, deleted.