ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next course of action

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lietuve
Newly Registered

Next course of action

Post by lietuve » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:07 pm

I am settled here, my boyfriend has applied for asylum in 2007 under pretend name (he had his reasons then), but HO still has not given him any answers/visa/anything. Our daughter was born 3 months ago. We went to a immigration lawyers a month ago, he sent our documents to the HO with the letter explaining that my boyf. lied about his name, and with this letter we supplied real passport of my boyf. Last week we received letter from HO asking for my boyf.to send them 4 photographs, which he did. Few days ago the lawyer phoned and asked us to pay £500 so he can apply for partner's visa and "boyf. will get his visa within 2 weeks". What is this lawyer talking about? We have already paid this lawyer £2,000.
What is our next course of action? Thanks everyone.

UPDATE: Crook (Solicitor) suposedly sent our documents to the HO, but they came back without even a letter! Then I took everything into my hands, and wrote a letter myself to the HO. It was not a complicated, long letter, but I wrote to them, explaining the reason why my boyf lied about his name, put our daughter's birth certificate, couple of photos with my boyf and daughter... And just 4 weeks later, on 28 Dec, my boyf received his passport and ILR in it!!!! JOY JOY JOY!!! Best New Year present ever! Good luck to everyone else on here!
Still, we paid that crook £500 in September for NOTHING. Is there a way we can get it back? He already refused, saying, he has "tried" to get my boyf "VISA". Thanks.
Last edited by lietuve on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 am

The fee for a non-student LTR application is £475, rising soon to £500. Presumably this is the amount he is referring to, but the obvious thing is to ask him.
But given a previous deceptive asylum application, I would severely doubt that an unmarried partner application is going to be granted within 2 weeks. A lawyer coming up with statements like that is not to be trusted. When you instructed him, did he not give you a letter setting out what he was instructed to do, and his charges?

Tahir Bashir

Post by Tahir Bashir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:38 am

Agree with rusty.

If he applied asylum before 5 March 2007, he is Legacy case. If he is Legacy, then he may get ILR eventualy, but this is not automatic, the CRD takes into account personal circumstances of an Legacy applicant.

It is a positive point in his case that he has settled partner and British child (if he his Legacy). Is he legacy case? If yes, what has he submitted to support his legacy case?