ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLIZ ADVICE.waitin been too long.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joejo

PLIZ ADVICE.waitin been too long.

Post by Joejo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi friends,
i came to the uk in 2001 to visit my ill mother, before my visa run out i then applied for an extension,that was granted.Then as my situation changed there after i applied for settlement under article 8 and carers policy,I had a daughter in 2005 in a law common relationship with the mother.As i was left in limbo from 2003 with no corespondence from HO after we had a hearing at the AIT and the judge refered the case back to the HO,didnt hear from HO till I was encountered working illegally and was threatened to be removed claimed article 8 which was refused then i applied for JR,ukba withdrew previous decision of refusing my claim as i proceeded with JR and are to recosider the case.They have asked for my moms medic report and other docs i may rely on as for them to make a decision on my case.3mthns now been waiting, for a year now since my JR application,and nearly 10years in limbo....Anyone in same situation pliz give a hint on wat a could do next am so depressed and stressed

thanx

joejo :( x
Last edited by Joejo on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tahir Bashir

Re: PLIZ ADVICE.waitin been too long.

Post by Tahir Bashir » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Joejo wrote:Hi friends
i came to the uk in 2001 to visit ma ill mom then applied for extsion,that wz granted.there after applied for settlement under article 8.Had a lil baby in 2005 worked illegally to provide as didnt have any source of income, wz encountered threatened to be removed applied for JR,ukba withdrew previous decision recosidering the case now.Been waiting for a year now....Anyone in same situation pliz give a hint on wat a could do next am so depressed and stressed

thanx

joejo :( x
Whether you can apply for work permission. This is all depend on your personal circumstances.
Last edited by Tahir Bashir on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am

Hi Tahir,

thanx for ur response,yh that b gr8 idea coz ma family n daughter live 2 cities apart and i want to carry one wit studies as well.But the thing is a dont no weather that works wit ma case cz i didnt seek asylum.is that rule for everyone who has waited for a yr regardless of their individual cases.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 am

Your message is really hard to read!

What application is the Home Office considering post JR?

What about your baby's father? Are you in a relationship still? What's your immigration status?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:40 am

avjones wrote:Your message is really hard to read!

What application is the Home Office considering post JR?

What about your baby's father? Are you in a relationship still? What's your immigration status?
Hi
sorry about my mail,i think they are considering my claim for article 8 and carers policy (settlement).We in a law common relationship, am the father and all family citizens.I came in 2001 on visit and applied for extension and then as my situation changed then applied for settlement.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:10 pm

So you are the father, you are unmarried, but still in a relationship with the baby's mother, is that right? Do you live together? Do you spend much time with the child?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:07 am

So you are the father, you are unmarried, but still in a relationship with the baby's mother, is that right? Do you live together? Do you spend much time with the child?

yes i am the dad,unmarried in a law common relationship,we dont live together but yes i do spend time with my daughter and visit her as of when i can afford to travel there as i'm not allowed to work at the min.So now at home looking after my terminally ill mom ful time.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 am

There's no such thing in law as a common law relationship.

The relationship will count, though, for the purposes of Article 8.

Did the JR settlement include a clause about how long they will take to reconsider?

Tahir Bashir

Post by Tahir Bashir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

Chase up your case with the UKBA, or if you have representative, ask him to do this. DLR is more appropriate in your current circumstrances but you have to wait for the pending decision first.

Is that you don't have existing relationship with your daughter's mom? Relationship mean you cohabit/ live together. You are not married, and don't cohabit, so this is not relationship. Simply you may be on good terms with her and she is mom of your daughter. So even if your duaghter's mom has a settled status, you don't benefit from it.

Just to clarify, your case has not been transfered to Legacy Team?

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm

There was no JR clause indicating the waiting time for reconsidering the case,however am not sure if my case is now a legacy or not.Will try to chase it up wit the reps and see wats in store.A no a may have to wait for that decision to come through first,dont no weather to contact UKBA or i just wait.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:02 am

3 months isn't long for that kind of decision, I'm sorry to say. Definitely worth getting your solicitor to chase the UKBA, though.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:29 am

thanks al for ya support,al try to chase it up wit the reps and prob the local MP.However if any body finds some important idears or infomation al be more than grateful if given a tinkle.wish everyone the best in their predicaments.

thanks again :)

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi all

my solicitor rang mi and he advised mi that he will be writting to the HO asking them to make a decision and get back to him within 14 dayz,as they had said to be reconsidering the case after withdrawing when i applied for JR.However being a yr nw,his told mi if they dont respond within the 14 dayz of his letter,then he will b filling for JR again as they had mentioned their grounds of withdraw which the court says its now academic to proceed for JR.am askin anyone with some advice or information on the same be so grateful.

thanx

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi guys
any helping ideas not heard anything yet from the HO since my previous post,still on mi waiting chair :(

thanx