ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do i need to show a 4 month account statement??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

superutp
Newly Registered

do i need to show a 4 month account statement??

Post by superutp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 am

hi everyone,

I'll be applying for my PSW sometime around 25 of OCt..

so according to the 3 month statement rule i must show my bank balance from around the 25th of July to 25 of Oct..

i was chking my statement today n realised tht there is no transaction on the 25th of july...and the one nearest to tht is 1sept....so if i get a 3 month statement the first date shown on it is 1sept...

so will this look like my statements are only from the 1st of sept???

if this is a prob can i show a 4 month statment for which the 1st transaction date is 1 july...????

i have had 1000 pounds in my account since 4 months, so funds going below 800 pounds is not a prob..

thanks

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Just go to your bank and ask them for a printout of your bank account for the week before the 1st September (or whatever period will cover the deposit of your funds). This will need to be on your bank's letterhead and where possible, stamped, although most banks won't stamp printouts anymore.

If the funds have come from a personal savings account, make sure you take along printouts of that account too, to show the transfer from one account to the other, otherwise, they may question where the money has come from. :)

superutp
Newly Registered

Post by superutp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 pm

thanks for the reply..

I dont have a prob getting the statement from say 25 July onwards...but the first transaction tht will be shown will be 1 sept...will tht make it look like i had the money only from 1 sept and not from 25th july??

though I have actually held my money since May...

also the money is in my savings account..do I need to show my current accoutnas well?

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:14 pm

superutp wrote:will tht make it look like i had the money only from 1 sept and not from 25th july??
Yes. As mentioned above, get originals or printouts for the period covering the deposit of the funds. Any transaction before the first date of your 3-month period will suffice in the bank being able to print this out for you.
superutp wrote:though I have actually held my money since May...

also the money is in my savings account..do I need to show my current accoutnas well?
You can show whichever bank account you'd like, in addition to the one that holds your funds - that's totally up to you, although for the maintenance funds, I'd say that only your savings will be needed, as that is where the funds are held. :)

superutp
Newly Registered

Post by superutp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:33 pm

thanks for the reply...but I am still a bit confused...

To make it clear ill write the sequence of money coming to my savings account..

10 May 2010: 1200 pounds transferred from current to savings

1 July: Interest accrued (this is the first transaction in this account)

9 Sept: 200 pounds to current account

and thereafter have moved money from current to savings and vice versa (but balance in savings has always been 1000 pounds)

now I am gonna be making an application on the 25th of OCt...

so the three month period is 25 July to 25 Oct

In the light of the above details, I have limited transactions in July and august hence I was wondering if I shud submit my bank statement from when the money first came in (10 May) into my savings account??.

would showing from May be a problem?

or is there a problem in doing this?

thanks in advance

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:41 pm

There is no problem in showing as many months as you'd like - especially if the first transaction close to your 3-month cut-off is after the date you'd like to apply, which would make your application void, because you haven't supplied exactly 3-months bank statements, as requested. But to answer in brief, showing statements from May will not be a problem at all - it's just simply slightly more than they ask for, which is fine. Rather that, than supplying less than 3 months' worth ie. 1st September to 25th Oct.

You've mentioned there that on the 1st July, interest was accrued to the account - I'd suggest going into your branch and requesting print-outs for the 1st July to whatever date your original bank statements start from, this will then show a continuous 3-month period with the continuous balance. :)

superutp
Newly Registered

Post by superutp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

thanks a lot for ur quick reply...

I have now decided to submit bank statements starting from 10 may (the date my 1200 pounds first came into my savings account) to 25 Oct (the day I apply for PSW)..just to avoid any confusion/questions regarding the funds

I hope this will be fine and doesnt cause any problems..got my fingers crossed...

please let me know if your opinion differs.

many thanks

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:07 pm

You don't have to, by their guidelines, but I'd just add my current account statement for that period too... to show where the funds came from :)

Otherwise, it sounds like you're good to go! Good luck! :D

superutp
Newly Registered

Post by superutp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 pm

thanks for the reply again...

ya i could add the bank statement for my current account...but from 10 may it wud run into pages...

the savings accoutn wud probably just have a page or two

wudnt it confuse the HO....wat if they fail to see my savings account with my funds?

hzulfiqar
Newly Registered

Post by hzulfiqar » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 am

Ive got a similar problem so what did u end up doing sir??

makepop1

Re: do i need to show a 4 month account statement??

Post by makepop1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

superutp wrote:hi everyone,

I'll be applying for my PSW sometime around 25 of OCt..

so according to the 3 month statement rule i must show my bank balance from around the 25th of July to 25 of Oct..

i was chking my statement today n realised tht there is no transaction on the 25th of july...and the one nearest to tht is 1sept....so if i get a 3 month statement the first date shown on it is 1sept...

so will this look like my statements are only from the 1st of sept???

if this is a prob can i show a 4 month statment for which the 1st transaction date is 1 july...????

i have had 1000 pounds in my account since 4 months, so funds going below 800 pounds is not a prob..

thanks
your starting balance should be £800 or more from 1st of july to 1st of oct and ending balance should be maintained every month £800 or more

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 pm

get the statement from xyz date to 25th October. this xyz date is the date of the last transaction that happened before 25th july.

point out in your visa application that your 3 months would be 25 july to 25 october and that your statement shows that u maintained 800 pounds at all time during this period

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 pm

lkpone wrote:You don't have to, by their guidelines, but I'd just add my current account statement for that period too... to show where the funds came from :)

Otherwise, it sounds like you're good to go! Good luck! :D
caseworkers DO NOT like sifting through reams of paper, unsurprisingly!

if they have asked for 3-month statement, give them 3 month statement (or 4, 5 considering OP's situation) no point in sending them the whole ream of evidence when 2 pages would suffice!