ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice on applying ILR and family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helloworld
Newly Registered

Need some advice on applying ILR and family

Post by helloworld » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Dear all,

Thank you for your time!

My current status is Tier 1 General until Dec 2012, and I've been in UK 10 years now.

My wife and Child (8 month old) is outside UK. My wife has Tier 1 PSW after which expires Feb 2011. She lives with me in the UK but returned to home country since when she was three month pregnant last year, so the baby was born outside UK.

So, I am facing dilemma here:

1. I start applying ILR now under long resident category. Once granted, my wife and child apply their visa outside UK, but I am not sure how hard it will be to apply visa outside UK for both of them?

2. My wife and child start applying tier 1 dependant visa outside UK, and once they have that, they can come to live with me. But if I then apply ILR just after that, they have to apply another visa depend on my ILR(if granted). This way will cost a lot of money.

3. I start applying ILR now, and my wife come to live with me before her PSW expires. If I'm lucky, I get ILR before her visa expires, then she can apply extension in country. Finally, we can apply the child visa, I think it will be easier if we are both here.

Please give me some advices.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Whether an application is submitted outside the UK or from within the UK, the chances of success depend only on the applicant fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the immigration category under which the application is submitted.

This said, in terms of cost (given the current fees) option 1 appears to be the most economical.

regards

helloworld
Newly Registered

Post by helloworld » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi, sushdmehta

Thank you very much for your advice.

helloworld
Newly Registered

Post by helloworld » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Sorry, Sushdmehta

I've got another question:

From UKBA site:

It says "Children cannot normally come to settle in the UK unless both parents are settled here or have been given permission to come and settle here."

Does this mean that applying settlement for my wife and child will be harder than applying just tier 1 dependant?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... tresident/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:28 pm

helloworld wrote:Does this mean that applying settlement for my wife and child will be harder than applying just tier 1 dependant?
No.

regards

helloworld
Newly Registered

Post by helloworld » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
helloworld wrote:Does this mean that applying settlement for my wife and child will be harder than applying just tier 1 dependant?
No.

regards
Thank you. Sushdmehta.