ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_smmr

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Post by dr_smmr » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am

Hi
I posted the message before.
My application for sponsor certificate(cos) submitted by employer six weeks before.Till today the application still pending.

I came to know from this site that its should not take more than 3/4 weeks to issue COS by UKBA.

Can any body tell why this is taking that much time.

thanks

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

Hello,

UKBA panel considers and assess all CoS request received before 25th of each month on 1st of next month. for example All CoS application received by UKBA from 25th of august till 25th of Sep will be assessed on 1st of Oct. they normally get back to sponsor about outcome of CoS within 5 working days. So if you have requested for a CoS after 25th of august UKBA panel should consider your request in October panel.

(I assume your CoS request was sent by post)

Hope it helps

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 pm

pokale2600 wrote:Hello,

UKBA panel considers and assess all CoS request received before 25th of each month on 1st of next month. for example All CoS application received by UKBA from 25th of august till 25th of Sep will be assessed on 1st of Oct. they normally get back to sponsor about outcome of CoS within 5 working days. So if you have requested for a CoS after 25th of august UKBA panel should consider your request in October panel.

Hope it helps
Thanks for ur information.
Hoping this will sort out soon

regards

nagarajn
Newly Registered

Cos Delay for October

Post by nagarajn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:25 pm

dr_smmr wrote:
pokale2600 wrote:Hello,

Hope it helps
Thanks for ur information.
Hoping this will sort out soon

regards
Hi,
Has anyone heard back from Home Office for October? We applied for Additional CoS on Aug 28,2010 and haven't heard anything from them so far..
Please update if some one has received any news from HM.

Nagaraj

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Re: Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Post by Genuinealb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

dr_smmr wrote:Hi
I posted the message before.
My application for sponsor certificate(cos) submitted by employer six weeks before.Till today the application still pending.

I came to know from this site that its should not take more than 3/4 weeks to issue COS by UKBA.

Can any body tell why this is taking that much time.

thanks
When does your visa and Work permit expires?

Regards

dr_smmr

Re: Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Post by dr_smmr » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Genuinealb wrote:Hi

When does your visa and Work permit expires?

Regards
This is my 1st Job offer.I came back to home and waiting for COS to apply for Tier 2...any how till now I am waiting for COS.

If and body heard from October panel please let me know.

Comonwealth
Newly Registered

Application without CoS

Post by Comonwealth » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 pm

My employers were in the process of applying for a licence when the cap was introduced thus were asked to request an initial allocation of CoS. They sent it on the 23rd of August thus was too late to be considered for the 1st of Sept panel. We were told that this will only be considered in the Oct panel but my visa was due to expire on the 3rd. As 3rd was a sunday, I was dismissed on the 1st awaiting proof of application for a visa with the UKBA.

I sent my application without CoS on the 30th special deliverey for the 1st with a cover letter explaining my situation and requesting a delay in making a decision on my application. I recieved a letter from UKBA on Monday dated the 1st informing me that they recieved my application. Today I just recieved a letter asking me to enrol my biometrics. I want to extend my thanks to people on the forun for their advice on this issue. I had a PSW visa switching to Tier 2.

Please let me know if you have heard from the October panel.

I am still waiting to hear from my company about outcome of the panel.

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

I have heard from october panel.

Cos has not been allocated.

They are only giving to existing Tier 2 holders.

This is my second request refused for COS because of the ranking.

Anyone had any luck on PSW?

ash

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Why was Pokale message deleted?

I have audit trail of his message.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:46 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:Why was Pokale message deleted?
Multiple Posts will be locked/ deleted

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 pm

I am exactly in the same situation, my company was rejected Sponsor license 3 time and 4th time we got it, we sent wrong documents. We also sent allocation request on 20th sept, and still waiting for COS allocation to increase to 1, my Visa will expire in 10 days. HR dept called HO and HO reported that the meeting was held on 4th Oct and not on 1st Oct this month and the results may be updated on 11th Oct. Fingers crossed.

g_tropia
Newly Registered

Post by g_tropia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:10 am

I'm also on a PSW expiring in November.

My employer's HR applied for the CoS and received the news today (8th October) that it was denied.
The problem is that the border agency is not giving enough value to the PSW. Isn't the whole point of PSW for us to find a job and be allowed to stay in the UK after obtaining a high qualification? It is very unfair that after working for 2 years in an institution... after really dedicating my life to this, they can simply tell me to leave the country.
We will apply for the CoS again on Monday, but it looks like I will only hear from it in November. Does anyone know if I should apply for tier 2 general even without the CoS (only with the HR letter)?
I could also try tier 1 general, but my earnings probably won't qualify.

G

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Post by Genuinealb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:22 am

shcumi wrote:I am exactly in the same situation, my company was rejected Sponsor license 3 time and 4th time we got it, we sent wrong documents. We also sent allocation request on 20th sept, and still waiting for COS allocation to increase to 1, my Visa will expire in 10 days. HR dept called HO and HO reported that the meeting was held on 4th Oct and not on 1st Oct this month and the results may be updated on 11th Oct. Fingers crossed.
How long did it take for the home office to give your employer the sponsor's licence on the 4th time?

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi

Till today I did nor hear anything about COS(sponsorship certificate) from HO.
If October panel has already taken the decision by the first week of this month why I am not hearing anything yet.

Has anybody heard from October panel about COS.

regards

Comonwealth
Newly Registered

awaiting outcome of October panel

Post by Comonwealth » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:19 pm

I haven't heard anything back as well. Really surprised that some had their outcomes on the 8th. I have been in contact with our HR and was told that theyn haven't heard anything back and that they spoke to HO today and was told that outcomes will be emailed to all sponsors by the close of business today. Can't wait!

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Genuinealb wrote: How long did it take for the home office to give your employer the sponsor's licence on the 4th time?
It took only 4 days, and 6th day name on the Register of sponsors.

dr_smmr

Re: awaiting outcome of October panel

Post by dr_smmr » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Comonwealth wrote:I haven't heard anything back as well. Really surprised that some had their outcomes on the 8th. I have been in contact with our HR and was told that theyn haven't heard anything back and that they spoke to HO today and was told that outcomes will be emailed to all sponsors by the close of business today. Can't wait!
Have you or anybody heard anything from October panel of HO about COS today?

I did not hear anything from HR about COS yet?

Comonwealth
Newly Registered

Post by Comonwealth » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Haven't heard anything back. Have you?

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Comonwealth wrote:Haven't heard anything back. Have you?

have not heard anything. still waiting.
why taking so long?

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Not heard yet, but HO told HR emails will be sent out tomorrow as today they didnt get the spreadsheet which has list of allocated COS. Still waiting......

dr_smmr

ABOUT COS BY OCT PANEL

Post by dr_smmr » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi ,

Has any body heard from October panel today about cos?

Comonwealth
Newly Registered

Post by Comonwealth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Haven't heard - still waiting

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Not heard anything yet...its getting too tight for my application. Have to apply on Friday 15th...but need COS,

If I apply without COS and accompany a letter, as the application is invalid, if it gets rejected do I get an appeal ??

Seniors, please help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 am

An invalid application or an out-of-time application may not get the right of appeal.

regards

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 am

Thank you sushdmehta, its all a waiting game now. Fingers crossed and good luck everyone