ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please hepl

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abdallah
Newly Registered

please hepl

Post by abdallah » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 am

i been married with eea member in 2003 i had 5 years resident ,i divorced in april 2010 ,i apply for pr under eu laws i granted in july 2010 pleaselet me know hwen i will apply for british citizen
thanks

Tahir Bashir

Re: please hepl

Post by Tahir Bashir » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 am

abdallah wrote:i been married with eea member in 2003 i had 5 years resident ,i divorced in april 2010 ,i apply for pr under eu laws i granted in july 2010 pleaselet me know hwen i will apply for british citizen
thanks
You may be entitled to apply UK citizenship without waiting 1 year from the grant of PR. This means you may be entitled to apply now. One year after PR count from the date you acquired PR, not when it was granted.

It is lot that the UKBA charge for citizenship fee, and it is non-refundable, so be sure before applying it.

Post by 9588 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

Tahir Bashir wrote:
abdallah wrote:i been married with eea member in 2003 i had 5 years resident ,i divorced in april 2010 ,i apply for pr under eu laws i granted in july 2010 pleaselet me know hwen i will apply for british citizen
thanks
You may be entitled to apply UK citizenship without waiting 1 year from the grant of PR. This means you may be entitled to apply now. One year after PR count from the date you acquired PR, not when it was granted.

It is lot that the UKBA charge for citizenship fee, and it is non-refundable, so be sure before applying it.
'''One year after PR count from the date you acquired PR, not when it was granted. ''''

can you explain more?
does it mean~~~ say eg. sometimes UKBA hold up an ILR applications for 6months or even 12months, does it mean the person can apply for British citizenship straight after or soon aftre the ILR is granted...?? :roll:

Tahir Bashir

Post by Tahir Bashir » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

9588 wrote:
Tahir Bashir wrote:
thanks

'''One year after PR count from the date you acquired PR, not when it was granted. ''''

can you explain more?
does it mean~~~ say eg. sometimes UKBA hold up an ILR applications for 6months or even 12months, does it mean the person can apply for British citizenship straight after or soon aftre the ILR is granted...?? :roll:
OP got PR (equavalent of ILR) under EU law, so his case is different than who are dealt under the UK Imigration law. Under EU law one gets ILR (PR) automatically even if it is not stamped on one's passport. Under UK law ILR is not automatic unless it is granted.

There is a separate category under UK immigration law for such a situation. This is if 15 months have passed since one applied for ILR and delay to grant ILR was not fault of the applicant, and ILR was eventually granted. You can check details of this category at UKBA website.