ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Doubts in claiming points for Earnings and Qualific

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajinsanand

Tier 1 - Doubts in claiming points for Earnings and Qualific

Post by sajinsanand » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:48 am

Hi,
I am planning to apply for UK Tier 1 Visa on 8th November 2010. I have couple of doubts that I need to clarify with you guys. I request your help in guiding me.

Qualification

The Highest Degree that I have is MCA [Master of Computer Application] from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India. I was not able to find MCA in points based calculator [PBC]. If I choose Masters Degree as the qualification in Points based calculator, I am getting 35 points, but while proceeding further towards the English language skills in the PBC, I am not getting 10 points for the qualification that I have added [Masters Degree from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India]. When I added my Bachelors degree [Bsc Degree from University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala state, India], I am getting 10 points for the English Language skills and 30 points for the qualification.

Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?

For MCA and BSC degrees I have received the medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities.

Previous 12 months earnings

1) In the last 12 months [Nov2009 to Oct 2010] I have worked in 3 companies. I don't have a pay slip for the month of April 2010 as I changed the company but I have received the full and final settlement amount in my bank account from the company and I have the document for that. The amount is credited by the company to my bank account.
I have a soft copy of the Full and final settlement doc. Do I need to attest it by the employer?
I have the amount credited to my account by the employer and the full and final settlement doc. Is this documents enough to prove that as an earning?

2) For the month of July 2010, I have initiated my exit request with the second employer and for that month I got the pay slip, but I didn't get the salary credited to my account as it was kept on hold since I was surviving the notice period. I will get that money credited with the full and final settlement in the month of Oct 2010 The Full and final settlement amount will not be credited to my account by the company, instead they will give it to me as a DD. In the Pay slip the salary is marked as on hold. Can I include this in my 12 months earnings? What all document are required to prove this as my earning? As I didn’t get the salary credited to my Bank account for the month of July and I am getting the same as a DD on the Month of October, can I claim this as my earning? If Yes, How? Please help.

3) 8th September 2010 was my last working day in the second company. I have joined the third company on 10th September 2010. For the month of September I have received salary from both the employers credited to my account. 1-8th Sep salary from the second employer and 10 to 30th September Salary from the third employer. I have also received the Pay slips from both the employer for the same month. Can I show both of this pay slips to prove the earning for the month of September 2010?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 - Doubts in claiming points for Earnings and Qual

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:32 am

sajinsanand wrote:Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?
Yes.
sajinsanand wrote:For MCA and BSC degrees I have received the medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities.
Useless.

regards

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
sajinsanand wrote:Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?
Yes.
sajinsanand wrote:For MCA and BSC degrees I have received the medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities.
Useless.

regards
Hi Sushdmehta,

Thanks for the respoce. Could you please help me on my other queries as well. What document do I need to submit as proof for English language skill?

Regards,
Sajin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:32 pm

sajinsanand wrote:What document do I need to submit as proof for English language skill?
Your Original Degree Certificate, if your degree gives you points for English language requirement in the PBS calculator.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
sajinsanand wrote:What document do I need to submit as proof for English language skill?
Your Original Degree Certificate, if your degree gives you points for English language requirement in the PBS calculator.
Thank You Arun. Do you have any suggessions on the previous earnings?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:04 pm

sajinsanand wrote:I have the amount credited to my account by the employer and the full and final settlement doc. Is this documents enough to prove that as an earning?
It is better you get a letter from your employer stating your gross and net for the period you dont have a payslip for.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 am

Hi,

I have the pay slip, but I am not getting the salary credited to my account, The company will give it to me as a DD with the full and final settlement. In that case what all document are required to prove it as my earning?

Regards,
Sajin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 am

sajinsanand wrote:Hi,

I have the pay slip, but I am not getting the salary credited to my account, The company will give it to me as a DD with the full and final settlement. In that case what all document are required to prove it as my earning?

Regards,
Sajin
You need your payslip, statement from the bank you deposited your DD. Also submit a copy of the DD. In your cover letter explain that you got your final payment in the form of a DD.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 am

aruni4470 wrote:

Regards,
Sajin
You need your payslip, statement from the bank you deposited your DD. Also submit a copy of the DD. In your cover letter explain that you got your final payment in the form of a DD.

Thank You Arun.

Do you have a sample cover letter for Tier 1 to share with me?

Regards,
Sajin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:41 am

sajinsanand wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Regards,
Sajin

Thank You Arun.

Do you have a sample cover letter for Tier 1 to share with me?

Regards,
Sajin
There are many posts with sample cover letters. Some links below
Cover Letter,Table Of Content,Salary Explaination,Emp Letter by Chetanojha
Initial Application Process– Salaries Person outside UK by t1s2010

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 am

Thank You Arun

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:42 am

Hi ,

The Highest Degree that I have is MCA [Master of Computer Application] from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India. I was not able to find MCA in points based calculator [PBC]. If I choose Masters Degree as the qualification in Points based calculator, I am getting 35 points, but while proceeding further towards the English language skills in the PBC, I am not getting 10 points for the qualification that I have added [Masters Degree from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India]. When I added my Bachelors degree [Bsc Degree from University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala state, India], I am getting 10 points for the English Language skills and 30 points for the qualification.

Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?

I contacted NARIC for certificate verification. They said they will do comparison of Bachelors degree only. and they said they don't do camparison for masters degree. What need to be done ?

The university name where I have done the MCA is coming PBC, which means the university is there in NARIC database rgt?
But I am not getting the Qualification name as MCA[Master of computer application] and I am not getting 10 points for the english language skill aganist MCA. Can I claim points for my masters degree? Please explain...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:54 am

sajinsanand wrote:Hi ,

I contacted NARIC for certificate verification. They said they will do comparison of Bachelors degree only. and they said they don't do camparison for masters degree. What need to be done ?

The university name where I have done the MCA is coming PBC, which means the university is there in NARIC database rgt?
But I am not getting the Qualification name as MCA[Master of computer application] and I am not getting 10 points for the english language skill aganist MCA. Can I claim points for my masters degree? Please explain...
Already answered here

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

sajinsanand, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.