ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Doubts in claiming points for Earnings and Qualific

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajinsanand

Re: Initial Application Process– Salaries Person outside U

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 am

Hi ,

The Highest Degree that I have is MCA [Master of Computer Application] from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India. I was not able to find MCA in points based calculator [PBC]. If I choose Masters Degree as the qualification in Points based calculator, I am getting 35 points, but while proceeding further towards the English language skills in the PBC, I am not getting 10 points for the qualification that I have added [Masters Degree from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam district, Kerala State, India]. When I added my Bachelors degree [Bsc Degree from University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala state, India], I am getting 10 points for the English Language skills and 30 points for the qualification.

Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?

For MCA and BSC degrees I have received the medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities.

I contacted NARIC for certificate verification. They said they will do comparison of Bachelors degree only. and they said they don't do camparison for masters degree. What need to be done ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:50 am

sajinsanand wrote:Can I add two qualifications [MCA and BSc] and can claim points for qualification against MCA and points for English language skills against Bachelors Degree?

For MCA and BSC degrees I have received the medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities.
You have been advised here that you can add 2 qualifications and also getting medium of education certificate as English from the respective Universities is useless, which is absolutely right.
sajinsanand wrote:I contacted NARIC for certificate verification. They said they will do comparison of Bachelors degree only. and they said they don't do camparison for masters degree.

Contacting NARIC for comparison in regards to English Language requirement is also of no use.

The Policy Guidance states on page 32

198. Where the applicant is unable to find details of their qualification on the points based calculator, UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English Language requirement. In these circumstances, applicants should either present an alternative qualification from the points based calculator if they possess one, or select an alternative means of satisfying the English Language requirement.
sajinsanand wrote:What need to be done ?
As already advised, you can use your Masters Degree to claim points under Qualification and use Bachelors degree to claim points under English Language requirement.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Arun,

You have clarified most of my doubts...thanks you.. I have been approaching lot of people to clarify those doubts. Thanks again.

As adviced by you I am going ahead with claiming ponts for qualification aganist MCA and for eglish language skills I will use Bachelors Degreee.

Do I need to submit Both Degree Certificates [MCA and Bsc] and all the marklist for both the course?

For Maintainence fund and Previous earnings, Do I need to get any letter from the bank?

I am maintaining the Fund in my salary account. Is there any specific format for the letter if required?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 am

sajinsanand wrote:Hi Arun,

You have clarified most of my doubts...thanks you.. I have been approaching lot of people to clarify those doubts. Thanks again.

As adviced by you I am going ahead with claiming ponts for qualification aganist MCA and for eglish language skills I will use Bachelors Degreee.

Do I need to submit Both Degree Certificates [MCA and Bsc] and all the marklist for both the course?

For Maintainence fund and Previous earnings, Do I need to get any letter from the bank?

I am maintaining the Fund in my salary account. Is there any specific format for the letter if required?
I would advice you to go through the policy guidance thoroughly as many times as possible and understand every bit of it. It will be very helpful for your application process. All the documents to be submitted are clearly mentioned in the policy guidance.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Arun,

I am not getting 10 points for the English Language skills aganist MCA. Does that means I need MCA is not in NARIC database?

The university name is displayed in the PBC in UK Board agency website.

Regards,
Sajin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 pm

sajinsanand wrote:Hi Arun,

I am not getting 10 points for the English Language skills aganist MCA. Does that means I need MCA is not in NARIC database?

Regards,
Sajin
:? :?

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi,

In the past 12 months earnings I have received Referral bonus for some months and joining bonus for a month. It is mentrioned in the pay slip and is credited along with the salary. Do I need to specify that seperatly in the cover letter?

Regards,
Sajin

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:02 pm

See my cover letter image for 'past earning'
Same issue as yours. It had to show incentives, bonus and arrears.

If your salary slip NET matched with bank statement credit SALARY, you should be good.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi,

Regards,
Sajin

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm

dear sajin,

Arun has already answered your queries 'more than once actually' :)
So have I.

Why don't you use MCA for qualification and graduation for English language.

wrt MCA not giving English language points, either NARIC might have not evaluated such a degree earlier (and IF you ask NARIC, may be you will be first one to do so. **Purely, my understanding of 'how NARIC database might have built up**)

or NARIC didn't find your MCA degree (this university) eligible for English language.

Whatever is the case, just calm down. Worrying is not good for health sir.
I am sure, you will make it good.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Please continue in this topic.