ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:51 am

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
Recieved this today!
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:12 am

yoda121 wrote:
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
Recieved this today!
Inshallah it will be good news, when you do hear anything from them, was your employer contacted?
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:20 am

Zahida wrote:
yoda121 wrote:
Dear xxxx,

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
Recieved this today!
Inshallah it will be good news, when you do hear anything from them, was your employer contacted?
I'm self employed, didn't hear anything from them.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am

DNA wrote:AoA To evri 1.........!!

its been 13 weeks n now the 14th week is going on, since i submitted my application but BHC yet to contact the employer N there isnt any update regarding da application process........!!
on the average they do make da decision in da 14th week, m hoping to get the reply within a week or so but frankly 14weeks is hell of a time to process a visa, its reali beyond the human mind to understand thay why BHC taking this time Because in the past they use to process da same visa withing few working days............!!

Cant wait anymore :(
You are right it's taking a very long time, considering before they use to process them within a couple of weeks. Have you tried emailing them, as they may have already made a decision, as they have on mine and they didn't contact my employer. It's been 5 weeks since decision was made and i am still waiting, i pray to Allah that we all get good news soon inshallah.

Email them, if they have processed it they will let you know :)

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

edited
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

bhi33
Newly Registered

Re: settlement visa taking the mik!

Post by bhi33 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:10 am

Zahida wrote:
bhi33 wrote:hi there new to the website, submittd my wifes application on the 29/06/10 its the 15th week with no new! email bhc yesterday but still waiting for reply :cry:
Hi bhi33

BHC will take a few days to reply, which email did you use? My husband submitted his visa app on the 25th of June and we are still waiting, it's taking a very long time, so you will have to be very patient :wink:

Which visa centre did you apply?
hi zahida i applied in lahore, and the BHC got back to me today saying that the application has been processed and will be contacted by the centre for pick soon. does that mean they have decided the out come?

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 am

bhi33 wrote:
Zahida wrote:
bhi33 wrote:hi there new to the website, submittd my wifes application on the 29/06/10 its the 15th week with no new! email bhc yesterday but still waiting for reply :cry:
Hi bhi33

BHC will take a few days to reply, which email did you use? My husband submitted his visa app on the 25th of June and we are still waiting, it's taking a very long time, so you will have to be very patient :wink:

hi zahida i applied in lahore, and the BHC got back to me today saying that the application has been processed and will be contacted by the centre for pick soon. does that mean they have decided the out come?
Yes.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 am

bhi33 wrote:
Zahida wrote:
Hi bhi33

Yes they have, good luck, let's hope you don't have to wait for as long as i'm having to :(

bhi33
Newly Registered

Post by bhi33 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 am

I applied on 29/06/10, Under Process at BHC on 16/07/10 in lahore

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:57 am

bhi33 wrote:I applied on 29/06/10, Under Process at BHC on 16/07/10 in lahore
Did they contact your employer? or have they told you what date the decision was made?

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 am

I havent had a reply yet.. They havnt contactd my employr either..im nervous as decision has bn made for yoda121, i submittd day aftr..i wonder if a decision on mine has bn made or not!!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

Yoda 121 its really nice to see that your application has been processed and hopefully will be a positive decision Inshallah and rest of us might hear soon including me Inshallah with positive decision.

I emailed them 3 times but have only received 2 generic replies :(

Yoda121 what did you write to them in email?

Few of us who applied before yoda121 haven't yet heard anything
:roll: I wonder if applications are processed on first come first serve bases??? :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:59 am

navalaviator wrote:Yoda 121 its really nice to see that your application has been processed and hopefully will be a positive decision Inshallah and rest of us might hear soon including me Inshallah with positive decision.

:roll: I wonder if applications are processed on first come first serve bases??? :roll:
Hi navalaviator

I thought it was first come, first serve basis but some people had their application processed before others, although they applied after. It probably depends on whether they need to do many checks or not, I’m no expert that is just my opinion – lol :wink:

Please pray for me as I’ve been waiting for 16 weeks now and it’s getting very hard, I just pray to Allah that my husband get’s the Visa after all this waiting and then it will have been worth it all.

Once they have made a decision they will advise you it has been processed, has you employer been contacted?

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 pm

shazaz wrote:I havent had a reply yet.. They havnt contactd my employr either..im nervous as decision has bn made for yoda121, i submittd day aftr..i wonder if a decision on mine has bn made or not!!
When did you email them? You will inshallah get a reply soon. One thing i have noticed is that people who are self employed don't receive employer contact, however this is not the case for all.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Zahida wrote:
shazaz wrote:I havent had a reply yet.. They havnt contactd my employr either..im nervous as decision has bn made for yoda121, i submittd day aftr..i wonder if a decision on mine has bn made or not!!
When did you email them? You will inshallah get a reply soon. One thing i have noticed is that people who are self employed don't receive employer contact, however this is not the case for all.
Hi i emailed them yesterday. Im not self emplyed. Work for jobcentre but no contact has been made. Im due to start my new job 8th nov. I asked them in the email if they wanted to see my new job offer letter..but may be they hav made a decision based on my present circumstances.

I can understand ur frustration. Inshallah the wait will b worth it..

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 pm

shazaz wrote:
Zahida wrote:
Hi i emailed them yesterday. Im not self emplyed. Work for jobcentre but no contact has been made. Im due to start my new job 8th nov. I asked them in the email if they wanted to see my new job offer letter..but may be they hav made a decision based on my present circumstances.

I can understand ur frustration. Inshallah the wait will b worth it..
My solicitor who did my application basically said that although they contact many more employesr now compared to what they did in the past, they don't contact all. They usually check on on smaller firms that are not very well known. This may be one of the reasons why they havn't contacted your employer as working in the job centre is a well known place and I believ the same case is with me as i work for an Internet Servoce Provider that is quite known as well so maybe they don't see they need to contact.

But good luck anyway, keep us updated if you get a reply :)

Nags

Post by Nags » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:16 pm

ikhlaq wrote:hi my wife went to pick up passport and visa was granted thanks to ALLAH. I pray for everbody on this forum who is waiting may allah grant there partners visas and make there wait more easy.
May allah keep you happy and safe.

Thank you everybody who helped me on this forum.
Gongras!

DNA

Post by DNA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Zahida wrote:

its been 13 weeks n now the 14th week is going on, since i submitted my application but BHC yet to contact the employer N there isnt any update regarding da application process........!!
on the average they do make da decision in da 14th week, m hoping to get the reply within a week or so but frankly 14weeks is hell of a time to process a visa, its reali beyond the human mind to understand thay why BHC taking this time Because in the past they use to process da same visa withing few working days............!!

You are right it's taking a very long time, considering before they use to process them within a couple of weeks. Have you tried emailing them, as they may have already made a decision, as they have on mine and they didn't contact my employer. It's been 5 weeks since decision was made and i am still waiting, i pray to Allah that we all get good news soon inshallah.

I did emaiLed them N i got an elecronic repLy dat i will recieve da reply as soon as decision is made...........!!

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 pm

DNA wrote:
Zahida wrote:

I did emaiLed them N i got an elecronic repLy dat i will recieve da reply as soon as decision is made...........!!
Did you email Gerry’s or UKBA, you need to email on the below email address, if a decision hasn’t yet been made yet, they will tell you it’s still under process.

UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 pm

I just got this reply. No address has been given to forward my new job details

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted. 

Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times. The advertised processing time for settlement applications is 12 weeks from the date of application however unfortunately they are currently taking longer than 12 weeks to process  - further details are available on Gerrys website. We do apologise for any inconvienience caused.

Please send us the additional information regarding your new employment. However, please note that if you wish to provide additional documentation in support of an application; due to the high volume of paperwork received here in the UK, we are not in a position to guarantee that any correspondence sent to us will be linked to an application before a decision is made. I have however noted that there is a change to your employment details on our computer system.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team 

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

So obviously no decision has been made yet :(

bhi33
Newly Registered

Post by bhi33 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Zahida wrote:
bhi33 wrote:I applied on 29/06/10, Under Process at BHC on 16/07/10 in lahore
Did they contact your employer? or have they told you what date the decision was made?
Am not sure if did cos I work for a very large company and there HR is in london!

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm

shazaz wrote:So obviously no decision has been made yet :(
I just don’t understand their advertised times at all, there doesn’t seem to be any consistency, don’t worry you have told them about your new job and inshallah they will have made a note on their system. Although I know how frustrating it is, but I pray for everyone on here that they all receive good news soon inshallah.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Zahida wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Yoda 121 its really nice to see that your application has been processed and hopefully will be a positive decision Inshallah and rest of us might hear soon including me Inshallah with positive decision.

Hi navalaviator

I thought it was first come, first serve basis but some people had their application processed before others, although they applied after. It probably depends on whether they need to do many checks or not, I’m no expert that is just my opinion – lol :wink:

Please pray for me as I’ve been waiting for 16 weeks now and it’s getting very hard, I just pray to Allah that my husband get’s the Visa after all this waiting and then it will have been worth it all.

Once they have made a decision they will advise you it has been processed, has you employer been contacted?
has you employer been contacted?
No employer contact so far!

Following is a generic reply which i received 2 times :(
Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times. The advertised processing time for settlement applications is 12 weeks from the date of application however unfortunately they are currently taking longer than 12 weeks to process - further details are available on Gerrys website. We do apologise for any inconvienience caused.

:x :x :evil: :twisted: :evil: :lol:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi

This forum has been a Great source of information over the last few months but can somebody clarify something for me?

My husband won his appeal back in April, finally got his call letter in August and submitted his passport to Gerry's in Lahore on 22nd September.

My question is does his passport join the queue with other applications that have not gone through the appeal process?

Thanks
:D