ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS vs Postal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psychedelic79
Newly Registered

NCS vs Postal

Post by psychedelic79 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 am

Wonder if the experts could help me - I sent off my naturalisation application yesterday through NCS Hamilton. I choose the NCS as I have heard the success rate is higher if it was sent this way.

My situation is HSMP JR+1, no convictions. It took the lady about 10 mins to check my application and then she photocopied my passports and the Life in the UK test result. For this I had taken a day off and drove from Edinburgh to Hamilton and also paid £52.

My question is if your application is straight forward is it worth the extra time and effort of sending through NCS or should I have sent it myself. I know you get to keep you originals but are the applications handled through a different pathway if sent through NCS. I am curious to know as few of my friends will be applying for their naturalisation soon and I could advise them appropriately.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Since the eligibility criteria for naturalisation are same for people applying under a given category, the success rate depends only on the applicant fulfilling those criteria.

If you can ensure that:
1. your form is correctly completed,
2. the unwaivable requirements for citizenship are met, and
3. you have included all the necessary documentary evidence(s) to support the application,
then using NCS offers no advantage other than that you get to keep your original documents with you.

regards

psychedelic79
Newly Registered

Post by psychedelic79 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks!

voytek
Newly Registered

Post by voytek » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Why you didn't go for the NCS in Edinburgh?? To save couple of quid??

psychedelic79
Newly Registered

Post by psychedelic79 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Oh they only started doing this from the middle of August and I booked my appt with NCS Hamilton in June.