ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits for EU National (urgent)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mariam79
Newly Registered

Benefits for EU National (urgent)

Post by Mariam79 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Dearest Forum

I'm reading here already for a while and now I'm itself in need of help and hope to get some advice here what to do
I've send the same text also to my Local Citizen Advice Bureau but as they need some time to reply and the matter is urgent I'm trying it here as well

I will briefly describe my circumstances as they are important for that matter.

- I'm an an EU Citizen (Dutch Nationality), staying in the UK since May 2008
- I have two children, the oldest 18 months and the younger 6 weeks, both are born in UK and I recieve child benefit for both of them since my oldest is born, the father is not british
- I have a residence card issued by the home office on 19th August 2010 which I guess is a confirmation that I legally stay in this country

In April 2010 I registered myself as self employed and started producing some stuff at home which I intended to sell at an online shop but unfortunately shortly after that I had some complications in my pregnancy and split up with my Ex Partner so I stopped and now just had the baby so I consider myself on maternity leave right now but inted to go on as self employd when my son is about 8 months old

The father of the children is staying here in london as well and even we are separated he try to help me as much as he can and I want that our children grow up with him as he is a loving an carrying father to them so leaving the UK is not an option for me

Because of the separation with him I came into serious financial difficulties as he supported me financially during the time I have been here, but of course he now just give child maintanance which is not enough to pay all bills and rent and so on

Two weeks ago I went to the Council to apply for Housing allowance but they refused it by saying that there is not enough proof of my self employment ( I was just able to provide the Tax Refernce nr) and that they can't give me any help until I recieve at least any other benefits beside child benefits either, Working Tax Credits, income support or jobseekers. Also they said me that there is no proof that I already stay in the uk for that long as I haven't done anything in most of the time (but got NI nr and recieve of course child benefits like I said above)

I called the tax credit helpline on the same day and requested a claim pack but so far nothing came yet

I'm already a few months behind with my rent (june 2010) and naturally my landlord is getting inpatient also I wasn't able to pay the council tax this month so I'm in urgent need of some help and ask for advice in that matter

I described my situation as clear as possible and really hope that you can assist me