ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moved and found a job in london

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

moved and found a job in london

Post by gulgon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:41 am

just wanted to update my hsmp adventure. after 1 month i moved to london and attending many interviews, i have found a job and started last week.

Salary is 24K + 4K initially, it is an online media agency. since i am not a tech guy, i think this is not a bad start.

it is surprising that HR didnt even ask to see my passport when I started! She just took my National Insurance number (that i had taken long time ago as an int student) and bank details! So I didnt hassle, as they wouldnt know much about hsmp ;-)

and yesterday, I have found a big double room in a nice area (highbury), paying 500 pm all inclusive. guys, housing is nightmare in london, too expensive! so i am planning to do some extra work maybe.

By the way, is it ok if I keep using NI number that I had taken when I was student? or shall I inform the tax office about change in my visa status, as probably i am still an int student in their records.

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:10 pm

NI number stays the same for life...