ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier2 (Dependants)to Tier 1 (Dependants)?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panky29
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier2 (Dependants)to Tier 1 (Dependants)?

Post by panky29 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Dear Experts,

I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) and want to switch to Tier 1 (General). I have 2 dependants who are also on Tier 2 (as dependant on me). My understanding is that i need following funds for maintenance.

Main Applicant - £800
Dependant 1 - £1600
Dependant 2 - £1600

Totally - £4000 for continuously 3 months of period in my bank account. Right ?
There are 3 days in the last 90 days when the funds have gown down a little bit from £4000.

I am not confident of submitting the applications of dependants along with the main applicant.

Can I submit the application of 1 dependant a little later ? Is it allowed ? Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Panky..

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Dependants may switch later.
319C wrote:(h) An applicant who is applying for leave to remain, must have, or have last been granted, leave:

(ii) as the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person with leave under another category of these Rules who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aaj123

Re: Switching from Tier2 to Tier 1 (Dependants?)

Post by aaj123 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:00 pm

panky29 wrote:Dear Experts,

I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) and want to switch to Tier 1 (General). I have 2 dependants who are also on Tier 2 (as dependant on me). My understanding is that i need following funds for maintenance.

Main Applicant - £800
Dependant 1 - £1600
Dependant 2 - £1600

There are 3 days in the last 90 days when the funds have gown down a little bit from £4000.

I am not confident of submitting the applications of dependants along with the main applicant.

Can I submit the application of 1 dependant a little later ? Is it allowed ? Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Panky..
I thought the requirement was £800 for main and £533 for each dependant. Thus the requirement will be £1866 in all. I think this is applicable if you have been staying in UK for last 12 months. I made a similar application last month for myself and two dependants and have received my Tier 1 visa (and so have my dependants received their Tier 1 dependant visas).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Main Applicant - £800
Dependant 1 - £1600
Dependant 2 - £1600

Thanks
Panky..
For how long have you been in UK?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

panky29
Newly Registered

Post by panky29 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:43 pm

I have been in the UK since Jan 2010 (less than 1 year). So, whats the maintenance amount I need to show ?

Regarding dependants, UKBA helpline told me that if I apply for tier 1 alone and if it gets approved, then my dependants will be immediately without a visa. My dependants are currently on Tier 2 (dependants) status.

Whats your take on this pls.

thanks
Panky

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 am

My understanding is that once you are granted Tier 1, your dependants would not be able to use their Tier 2 visas/leave to re-enter the UK. However, if their leave hasn't been formally curtailed (323), then they may remain until their visa/leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

panky29
Newly Registered

Post by panky29 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:16 pm

thanks so much, this helps me a lot..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Main Applicant - £800
Dependant 1 - £1600
Dependant 2 - £1600

Thanks
Panky..
you must meet fund requirement for all 90 days , no break , othwise u will be lossing yr fees