ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR advice please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Katamatin
Newly Registered

ILR advice please

Post by Katamatin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:13 am

I initally send my application for ILR in March 2009 and waited until February 2010, when I saw my MP who wrote a letter to Home Office.

HO replied they have allocated my case to a case worked. Since then I have not hear from HO.

In July I qualified for 5 years WP route. I saw a laywer who send all the required WP route documents to HO asking them to convert to this route using the same payment that I paid for 10 years route. The lawer said I would save money.

Until today I have not heard from HO. Can anyone advice should I continue to wait or see my MP again? My Malaysian passport is expiring on 25 October 2010.

Look forward to your advise if there is any quicker way to excellarate this process

Thanks

Katamatin
Newly Registered

ILR advice please

Post by Katamatin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:14 am

Initially in March i applied based on 10 years stay route.

zhashim
Newly Registered

Post by zhashim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 am

If your passport has expired while in the UKBA's possession, they tend to send you the ILR stamp in the mail to apply to your new passport yourself (it is literally a sticker that you place on a blank page).

Even if they do place the ILR stamp on your current passport, the visa is valid even if the passport is not - go ahead and apply for a new passport and just attach the old one to it.

If your passport is still in your possession and you are waiting for the caseworker to contact you before you send it, I would advise for you to see about getting your passport renewed as soon as possible, while making the caseworker aware of this via letter (the last thing you want is for him to request your passport while it is being renewed).

As to the 10 year/ 5 year route = the time on both is roughly the same. Asking the caseworker to swap the application is irrelevant - he/she may or may not do so at his/her own discretion. I very much doubt you will be able to benefit from lower fees though - the last thing the UKBA are going to do is refund a portion of your fee...