ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

towerrounder
Newly Registered

Hey all.

Post by towerrounder » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:38 pm

My PSW ends at the end of this month. I'm also awaiting a COS and considered applying without it, and instead with a letter from HR. However the visa agency I'm using advised against it, apparently recent applications have been refused. Apparently being refused takes away some of those precious British brownie points needed for the next time you apply for a UK Visa.

How bad is it that many of us here will be going home because of the delay of being issued a COS!!!!

I wish you all the best of luck!!!

3000rpm
Newly Registered

Post by 3000rpm » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Did anyone hear today?

My employees waiting back also from October panel, we are using an agency and they told us they could not even contact the UKBA to ask for progress.

Im very desperate as my employees PSW runs out on the 20th of October.

I am going to try and call them in morning to find out as its a very bad situation.

I got granted one COS and also got grade A.

We are moving from tier 2 to PSW and reading here nobody is getting the cos, has anyone at all got one?

We really do not know if we should submit visa application so does not need to leave next week as we have not yet heard about the cos and then if we do get it send it in right away or to exit the country and wait on decision we should have heard about last week.

If we did exit the country and did not get a cos then he has all his things here in UK and would need some time to sort this out, when woudl you be able to enter UK again, or would you be able to enter at all.

I think this is very unfair, he come here to study masters degree, finished this got a job in same industry and is meeting the correct wages etc and qualifications and then gets told he must leave.

Hope to hear some good news from someone.

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:50 am

3000rpm wrote:Did anyone hear today?

My employees waiting back also from October panel, we are using an agency and they told us they could not even contact the UKBA to ask for progress.

Im very desperate as my employees PSW runs out on the 20th of October.

I am going to try and call them in morning to find out as its a very bad situation.

I got granted one COS and also got grade A.

We are moving from tier 2 to PSW and reading here nobody is getting the cos, has anyone at all got one?

We really do not know if we should submit visa application so does not need to leave next week as we have not yet heard about the cos and then if we do get it send it in right away or to exit the country and wait on decision we should have heard about last week.

If we did exit the country and did not get a cos then he has all his things here in UK and would need some time to sort this out, when woudl you be able to enter UK again, or would you be able to enter at all.

I think this is very unfair, he come here to study masters degree, finished this got a job in same industry and is meeting the correct wages etc and qualifications and then gets told he must leave.

Hope to hear some good news from someone.
@300rpm

If anybody able to contact Home Office today and come to know about the details about COS please let us know also....we are waiting for update...

regards

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:36 am

Any updates? Did any one hear from them???????

3000rpm
Newly Registered

Post by 3000rpm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am

nothing at all :(

im hoping to call at 9am what numbers has everyone been trying?

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 am

Hello all,

My HR called HO yesterday and they gave us an email limits@... and got a prompt reply from that email saying HO are only allocating COS for Tier 2 extentions (may be that email is for emergency CoS) but october panel results are expected today. All the best everyone, please update as soon as anyone gets any kind of news, I will do the same.

Cheers and GOOD LUCK!!!!

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks for information. Good Luck to everyone!!!
shcumi wrote:Hello all,

My HR called HO yesterday and they gave us an email limits@... and got a prompt reply from that email saying HO are only allocating COS for Tier 2 extentions (may be that email is for emergency CoS) but october panel results are expected today. All the best everyone, please update as soon as anyone gets any kind of news, I will do the same.

Cheers and GOOD LUCK!!!!

towerrounder
Newly Registered

PSW holders drew the shortest straw

Post by towerrounder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:45 am

300rpm, I feel bad for your employee. I think like most people here I am also going to struggle to sort all of my stuff out. My PSW ends at the end of the month. I've been here for seven years now - all on temporary visas, so I don't qualify for permanent residence, and if I'm out of the country for longer than 90 days then its like I've never been here. I only needed one more year on sponsored work visa and then I would have qualified for permanent residence!

David Cameron: "Immigration - capped!" Ouch!

Has anyone here actually secured a COS that is currently holding a PSW! It sounds like no one actually has!! If anyone here has, or knows of someone who has, then please let me know.

Best of luck to you all!

Comonwealth
Newly Registered

Post by Comonwealth » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 am

The email limits... is for out of panel request. I sent them an email before the October panel and was told the same i.e. only for extensions no switching.
Also waiting. Goodluck folks!

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:09 am

I'm afraid the entire organization is starting to look like a poorly-run one. My employers rang the sponsors helpline on tuesday and they said they didn't find our request anywhere in their system ... like seriously? We've got receipts and some other documents to prove that it was actually received and was signed for.

The person my sponsor spoke to advised that we sent an email to another email address to which we immediately did. I feel this has become some kind of game, nobody wants to take responsibility for this and everything seems a mess.

Painful thing is, I am actually switching from a PSW and my sponsor was among the very few that got 1 allocation after the review in July but following a geniune mistake made by my sponsors which resulted in them not meeting the Code of Practice requirements, the 1 allocation can now no longer be reused even though my sponsor would like to rectify their mistake.

Anyway, I wish you all the best!

3000rpm
Newly Registered

Post by 3000rpm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 am

we just called today

our agent sent our cos form and arrived on 24th September

as our licence was granted on the 26th for having a cos for our company the application was not even looked at and will be in november

nobody on the september panel or october panel got a cos for post study work permit to tier 2 granted i was told

they do not know if the same for november

they told me also that everyone has been told earlier this week and nobody is outstanding to be told any news

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:43 pm

3000rpm wrote:we just called today

our agent sent our cos form and arrived on 24th September

as our licence was granted on the 26th for having a cos for our company the application was not even looked at and will be in november

nobody on the september panel or october panel got a cos for post study work permit to tier 2 granted i was told

they do not know if the same for november

they told me also that everyone has been told earlier this week and nobody is outstanding to be told any news
That means they are not giving COS to new Tier 2 applicant except Tier to holder for extension.

So what is going to be happen to new applicant who has offer as first job from the UK or want to switch from another visa into Tier 2.

Its really frustrating.
Please let us know if anybody has got COS as new tier 2 applicant

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:21 pm

No news yet....

This is crazy...pay all taxes, do all paperwork and get kicked out and people who apply with forged documents are allowed to stay NICE!!!

I think the Govt forgets that NON EU migrants are more valuable than NON UK EU migrants as we dont get benefits and pay all taxes. We are a valuable source for people who really need benefits. Awesome rules.

towerrounder
Newly Registered

Rofl @ shcumi's comments

Post by towerrounder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm

I 100 % agree with you shcumi.

David Cameron's comments "immigration - Capped!" is so messed up its unbelievable!! We are the only migrants that Theresa May can touch!!

So unfair!!

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 am

We need to know...

How many cos issued by the HO in September and October?

What HO deciding about the new tier 2 applicant who has got job offer and applied for COS since august 2010.

What is the reason of stopping issue COS at this moment and do they have any plan to start again for applicant already applied?

Has any body has any idea..

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 am

Any news? I am still waiting for my employer to come back to me on this? Has HO told the outcome?

Any one got CoS for new job? Pls reply.....

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:08 pm

My employer just told me that they have still not heard from UKBA regarding additional CoS?

Has any body heard an thing from Oct panel regarding additional CoS request?

Pls reply.

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:01 pm

infoneeded wrote:Any news? I am still waiting for my employer to come back to me on this? Has HO told the outcome?

Any one got CoS for new job? Pls reply.....
@infoneeded

When did ur employer applied for COS? Is this ur intial job?
My employer applied on 3rd week of august and still waiting.

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:20 pm

@dr_smmr

Yes this is for initial job. My employer also applied around Aug and we are still waiting....

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 pm

No updates today also...Fantastic....

designuk
Newly Registered

Post by designuk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi,

my sponsor applied for CoS just yesterday (17th Oct) Do you guys think I can get a reply from the 1st Nov panel?? My psw expires on 19th Nov and I don't know what to do if I don't get my CoS before that. What are the chances of refusal?? My sponsor has completed the labor market test and has supplied all documents and details but I don't know whats UKBAs criteria of approving or rejecting an application.

3000rpm
Newly Registered

Post by 3000rpm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 pm

If you have not yet had decision then it would not have been before October board as all decisions were told at latest last week

As far as I know nobody for last 2 meetings has been able to get cos if changing from pws to tier 2 just people extending tier 1 and 2 visas

Let's hope this changes this month as I just had to send best employee home as visa runs out Wednesday

I have been tol as no august meeting there was backlog and not enough cos to go around

Does anyone know if this is true

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

@ 3000rpm:

My sponsor applied for CoS in month of Sep for new job offer. They have not heard any thing from UKBA yet.

HR told me that they have are following this with UKBA and are waiting for response.

Lets see.

Is there any one else who is waiting for October panel result for CoS? Pls confirm.

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:06 pm

I am also waiting for a feedback on my sponsor's additional CoS application made in September. But the UKBA already confirmed that they didn't receive our application for some reason even though we've got prove that it was received and signed for.

shcumi
Newly Registered

Post by shcumi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Update guys!!!

HO never received our COS application form, which contradicts all previous phone calls and emails. We were simply told there was no application so could not allocate certificate. AWESOME!!!

UK Border Agency is in Shambles!!!

I dont know what else to say....fed up now....this is not right and HO are misusing their position...