ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visitor urgent help Asap please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Student visitor urgent help Asap please

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 am

Hi guys just discovered this board so hopefully will find some answers here..

Basically my husband is going to be applying for a student visitor visa my mother will be sponsoring him fully i.e accomodation,course fees,living expences.i have consulted a lawyer friend and they mentioned that if my mother is sponsoring him there isnt a treat chance of his visa being accepted..so first q how true is this? also what papers should my mothr provide...as far as im aware bank statements,brit passport copy,sponsor letter? Is that all..

Also im filling out the form and need a lil help..should i include a bank statement to
show he has enough money for travel costs?
or is that not necessary?it asks why the
sponsor is funding him and if she has set
aside money and how much she will giv
him.what am i meant to write?shes
sponsoring because she is his mother in law
and wants to,she hasnt set specific money
aside,,wil this caus a problem?we havent
really thought about how much she will give
him..how much is enough..considering he
wil be living and eating at home..
It also asks what he wants to accomplish when he finishes his course..so hes doing a begginners english course and will take a toiec exam at the end..the reason is that he will be able to return home and will be able to branch out into the translation section at the law firm he works at and also he will be able to apply for a spouse visa as the new rulesrequire you to know englsh..should i mention that or is itunimportant?wil it work against him that he wishes to apply for a spouse visa even thogugh hewill be goingthrough the propr routes?

Sorry this is so long so much to ask:) thanks

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 am

Sorry forgot to mention he has recieved an acceptance letter and course fees have been paid..also should we include our marriage certificate and my birth certificate to show she really is his mother in law or is that unnecessary paperwork?

Sorry about no paragraphs typing on my phone

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Anyone?:)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Maintenance and accommodation from relatives and friends is not an issue (56K(vii)).

Are you (wife) living in the UK or with your husband in the country he is applying from?

regards

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Wel im currently in the country hes applying from but do travel home regularly and il be traveling to the uk a week or 2 after him :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Do take into account that a visitor visa application by a spouse of a British citizen may be refused for no-intention-to-return.

Approval of the application may rest on strong evidence(s) to prove the applicant will return on/before expiry of his visa.

regards

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm

What evidence cn we supply? We have a letter from his employee stating that he is giving him paid leave for 6months ..he will also be getting a return flight rather than one way but obviously will not be paying for it until the visa is accepted..is a provisional ticket suficient? I cant think of othr ways we can prove he is returning..hE was denied a family visit visa last year on the grounds u statd i.e not returning but we appealed and he was grNted the visa..his visa was for six months but he stayed for two then returned home.wil it work in his fqvour that he retured as stated?

Mummy89
Newly Registered

Post by Mummy89 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Also will i need toinclude our marriage certificate?