ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Home Country during "no class" period of

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Visiting Home Country during "no class" period of

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello,

I am an International Student from India, willing to go back to India for the upcoming Diwali Festival.

After having look at my college timetable, it says, that there are no classes from 3 Nov 2010 till 21 Nov 2010.
I went to the customer services Desk in my College, and requested them to issue me a letter allowing me to visit my home country within this period, and I am even ready to give them the copy of the ticket itinerary which has returns tickets to and from India.
However, they said, that they can only issue the letter for Vacations, and the vacations are from December onwards, but this is just a gap of 2 and half weeks, for which they can't issue me a letter. On this, I spoke to UKBA Home Office, they said, they never stop anyone from traveling to their Home Country, but when they come back to UK, they have to "SATISFY" the Immigrations Officer / Entry Clearance Office (ECO), so that they can allow me to enter UK, I would like to know what this exactly means?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SATISFY? How to Satisfy them? Is there any proper way to satisfy them? After my college denied me to issue the letter, all I can show them at the most is, my tickets and Tier 4 General Student Visa which is valid for 2 n half years. So would that be enough?

Or should there be any other thing that I must take care off before I leave UK? Please do let me know!

Thanks in anticipation!..
I look forward to hearing from you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:39 am

They have to be satisfied that you are still a student and your circumstances haven't changed, etc. (321A).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:43 am

Nothing as Such from the links you have given, applies to my case, as I have not tried doing anything wrong or such which is breaching the immigration laws, I have been attending my classes reguarly, without ever having missed them.

I have been not at all working here in this country. I have my current address proof which would be my bank account statement, as well as apart from this I have bank accounts in UK, of which I also have Cash / Debit Card with me, and I have money credited always into my accounts.

In your view, do you believe this all to be sufficient enough to satisfy the Immigrations Officer?

Thanks!

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:07 am

vinny wrote:They have to be satisfied that you are still a student and your circumstances haven't changed, etc. (321A).
Many thanks for your response.

The biggest query that I have here is, College denies me to issue a letter as this is not a vacation, just a gap in between studies, so can I still re enter UK upon showing my all the documents to the Immigrations Officer?

Please do let me know in regards to this at the earliest possible

Thanks!

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Hey friends....

Many thanks again for your responses.
I have got the letter from college successfully now, I am visiting India on first week of November now..

Would love to have some comments on this... Awaiting response from you people!

Thanks a lot!