ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Husband
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for wife

Post by The Husband » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Hello all.

I am a British citizen by birth. And i am about to start work here after living abroad with my foreign wife for 4 years.

I plan to stay here about a year, would i be able to get a visit visa for my wife to come and visit me and my mother?

I don't think we would settle here forever but i would come for long periods at a time so i would like my wife and kids -British kids-to be with me for around six months at a time.

I have never heard this question on here, about a spouse visiting only, so is this possible.

Thankyou.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:40 am

Yes, it is possible.

But it could well be refused on the basis of no-intention-to-return.

What's your wife's nationality?

Are you children British citizens? IF so, nothing to stop them coming any time.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Yes my children are British citizens but my wife is from North Africa.

She would have to come with them too look after them.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

It's perfectly possible, in law.

However, it might well be refused, because the ECO will doubt that you wife intends to return home. So you need to think about showing why she'll return.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

The Husband wrote:Hello.

For a family visit visa does the sponsorship letter have to be attested?

In our case my mother is sponsoring my wife, but does my mother have to prove she is her mother in-law?

Also my mother gave her morgage papers as proof of accomodation, but she forgot to give us any utility bills, will that be a problem?
1. No.
2. No.
3. Shouldn't be a problem.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:49 pm

The Husband wrote:Hello.

Dose my wife need to provide her marriage and birth certificate as part of supporting documents for a family visit visa, the sponsor is my mother?
Your wife's birth certificate doesn't prove her relationship with you, the marriage certificate does. Including marriage certificate will help prove (though indirectly) that your mother is her mother-in-law.

Have you addressed the issue of strong ties?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Ok, so this is where all my questions have gone!

I posted the original question last year oct and the others since keept on getting moved but i did not know they were all here.

Ok thanks.