ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Air Travel Benefit & Previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Air Travel Benefit & Previous earnings

Post by mobyshaikh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have a question relating to Air Travel Benefit.

The rules state:
A) We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for an applicant's children) in the assessment of an applicant's previous earnings if they are part of an applicant's remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent.

B) We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant's payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer's part to make these payments.

Annually i get air ticket allowance whether I travel or not. A fixed amount based on my family size is deposited to my account. However,
A) It doesn't show on my payslips

b) In my bank account statement it shows as "Air Passage Credit" which seems as if they have reimbursed me money for travel.

I am pretty sure if I ask my organization to provide a letter explaining the Air Travel Benefit policy, they would do that.

My questions:
A) Since its really a benefit and not an expense so would they consider it?
B) Since it doesn't show on my pay slip, would it count? Even though my organization is ready to provide evidence. Btw my annual bonus also doesn't show on my pay slip. Would that also not count as per this definition!!!

Regards,
Moby

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Get a letter from your employer showing month-wise Gross and net salary including Bonus & the air allowance.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks for your reply. But you think air allowance would be admissible as earnings?

One question though, is there a specific text which they (my company) should write for the air allowance. The reasons are 2:
1) Already my bank statement says Air Passage Credit which sounds like an expense.

2) My company has both options where they either give you a lum sum amount as a benefit or we can buy tickets and they can refund it.

So I want them to write a desc which can help my case rather than just writing any desc. Is there a template for showing net earnings?
Last edited by mobyshaikh on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:27 pm

I think it is risky to add these allowance.

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 pm

@pkumar: Can you explain why please?

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 pm

As explained earlier even if I don't travel I am entitled to get the tickets money for me and my family. Since i took option 1 so it got deposited into my account on April 2010.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:05 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:Thanks for your reply. But you think air allowance would be admissible as earnings?

One question though, is there a specific text which they (my company) should write for the air allowance. The reasons are 2:
1) Already my bank statement says Air Passage Credit which sounds like an expense.

2) My company has both options where they either give you a lum sum amount as a benefit or we can buy tickets and they can refund it.

So I want them to write a desc which can help my case rather than just writing any desc. Is there a template for showing net earnings?
In so far as it is not a reimbursement and payable to you whether or not you incur expenditure to claim the amount back, it is part of your gross earning.

Get a letter which shows monthly gross, deductions and net amounts (with dates and other relevant details) in a tabulated format.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks PUSH