ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property rental earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Property rental earning

Post by mobyshaikh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:38 pm

I am confused about what is considered property rental and can it be considered in my earnings?

123. Earnings may include, among other things:
income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and

124. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include
income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;

What does it mean property rental has to form part of applicant's business? I am a salaried employee at a firm. Property is not my business.

I have purchased an apartment. I myself don't live in the purchased apartment. Therefore, I get annual rent from it. However, this apartment is not fully paid off. It is mortgaged from a bank. But I do get rental income from which I pay off monthly mortgage. Can it be considered as part of my earnings?

Thanks in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Property rental earning

Post by push » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:I am confused about what is considered property rental and can it be considered in my earnings?

income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and

124. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include
income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;

What does it mean property rental has to form part of applicant's business? I am a salaried employee at a firm. Property is not my business.

I have purchased an apartment. I myself don't live in the purchased apartment. Therefore, I get annual rent from it. However, this apartment is not fully paid off. It is mortgaged from a bank. But I do get rental income from which I pay off monthly mortgage. Can it be considered as part of my earnings?

Thanks in advance.
No, you cant. You have already answered the quesion.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks but just curious who would be considered having a property business? The one who is buying and selling property?

And what about income coming from property for normal people? Where should that be counted?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:Thanks but just curious who would be considered having a property business? The one who is buying and selling property?

And what about income coming from property for normal people? Where should that be counted?
Someone who's sole business is to rent out properties. For other people income from rent cannot be used to claim points under the PBS route.
regards,
push

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:02 am

sounds good ... if the rules dont permit it then I guess there's no argument :)

Thanks push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:12 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:sounds good ... if the rules dont permit it then I guess there's no argument :)

Thanks push
One could however house the property in a business that they wholly own and then claim the income from business for points under PBS. I am not sure though how regulations re property rental business work.
regards,
push

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:59 pm

push wrote:
mobyshaikh wrote:sounds good ... if the rules dont permit it then I guess there's no argument :)

Thanks push
One could however house the property in a business that they wholly own and then claim the income from business for points under PBS. I am not sure though how regulations re property rental business work.
Sounds too much of a hassle :(

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Is there a forum for Tier 1 that has more discussions and participation than this one? I hardly see anyone providing their advice - except of course a few who have posted on my question :)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:13 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:Is there a forum for Tier 1 that has more discussions and participation than this one? I hardly see anyone providing their advice - except of course a few who have posted on my question :)
There are plenty out there but the reason why you arent seeing many responses is probably because other members believe either (1) they dont have an answer to your query or (2) that your query has been answered already and they dont have anything else to add.
regards,
push

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Property rental earning

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:01 pm

ANd also perhaps because the following statement is self-explanatory!
income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and.

Also, number of responses is not a reflection of accuracy and different people people repeating the same answer in a topic doesn't make sense. One response is more than enough when accurate - already provided by push.

regards

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Thank you guys i was only wondering. Thanks for all your help