ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

earlybird
Newly Registered

Early application

Post by earlybird » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone

In an act of ultimate stupidity I think I submitted my citizenship application a few days before I completed my 60months residency as per the stamps in my passport. I wrote to the INIS asking them if my application was submitted too early. I've received back a letter confirming receipt of my letter but nothing further.

Obviously if I have to re-submit I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later. Does anyone know if:
(i) they mark applications received the day they receive them or the day they open them;
(ii) my application would not have even passed initial processing if the residency requirement was not met; or
(iii) whether they'll actually read anything before they begin further processing?

I'm guessing that I'm just going to have to try call them but any ideas until the lines "open" next week would be welcome!

Cheers
Earlybird

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:43 pm

the application is marked as it was received. but i think they pay attention to the declaration date. not sure about that...
your residency would be counted straight away. if you have received your reference number, it means that you have passed the residency schedule.
they may round the calculations a bit, counting by months and not by the days, so you may be ok, if you applied only a afew days early.

earlybird
Newly Registered

Post by earlybird » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:43 am

Thanks for such a quick response. I have received a letter confirming receipt of my original application and reference number. I'll try to get a hold of them on the phone during the week but feeling a bit more positive now!