ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I ask EC to postdate my Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Can I ask EC to postdate my Visa

Post by Jai Jawan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:22 am

HSMP Letter dated- 26th April
Latest date to submit application for EC-26th July (3mths from date of letter)

Due to my employment agreement, I would not be able to quit before September 30. I would like to come to UK in October. Can I ask the EC to stamp my Visa starting from 1st October? For proof, I would submit the agreement with my employer that mentions the same. Please comment as I am planning to apply for the EC shortly.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:49 pm

You can ask but there is no gaurantee it will be granted, it seems to be up to the EC officer your case gets assigned to. In my case I called before and was told that it can be done if I ask, however when I actually went in the ECO told me she did not see a need for it since the visa is renewable at the end of a year.
'In everything give thanks'

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:20 am

Thanks for the reply. I shall take a chance & ask EC to postdate it. can other members on the board share their experiences

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:27 am

JJ,

I think it is completely based on EC Officer. If you are applying for EC in Mumbai, better get info from the members who got the approval from Mumbai.

Regards
Puti

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Board members who have applied for EC from Mumbai kindly give some feedback....Thks

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:29 am

Jai Jawan wrote:Board members who have applied for EC from Mumbai kindly give some feedback....Thks
I think your best bet it to give the High Commission a call.

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:09 pm

I think its possible to get visa to be validated from a post date. If you are on a contractual obligation with your current employment, simply take a confirmation letter from your employer stating your last day of work and submit this as an argumentative evivence against your post-date visa request. Also explain your situation in the Visa Application form. I hope it will work.

My HSMP approval date was 29th April and thus EC application last date is 28th July.

Good luck.

Jai Jawan
Newly Registered

Post by Jai Jawan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:24 pm

I had called the British High Commision at Mumbai today to clarify a few points.

As told- "It is not necessary that spouse/ dependent file an application for EC along with the Principal applicant- A dependents appln can be filed at any point of time"

So, I would be applying only for my EC although i have claimed points for my spouse.

As told-"HSMP visa cannot be postdated"

Even then i shall put a request for the same. If they agree, good enough else any date would be fine.

Can anyone give idea as to how does an Income expenditure plan should look like?