ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SHAFFI

Spouse Visa Application

Post by SHAFFI » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 pm

Hello everybody, i discovered this forum a short time ago, and having read a few messages i have gained alot more information on the visa application process etc.

However this info has come a little late as my wife applied for her visa in january (i wish i had discovered this forum before now) anyway i have a query as on various posts i notice both sponsors and applicants have submitted birth certificates for the ECO.

Neither me or my wife has so was wondering is this gonna pose any problems?....its been circa 12 weeks now and we've not heard anything.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:33 pm

Can you say where in the world your wife is applying for her visa?

And just to make absolutely sure, whilst you have titled this topic "Spouse Visa Application", you are a British Citizen or otherwise settled in the UK? And your wife is applying for a two-year spouse visa?

If not, please explain exactly what she is applying for?
John

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi Shafi, it can sometimes takes a little longer than 12 weeks to get a reply, but hopefully you will get the answer soon now. All the best.

SHAFFI

Spouse Visa Application

Post by SHAFFI » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 am

Hi John,
Yes i am a British and settled here, my wife is from pakistan, the application was made via Islamabad.

Yes its for the initial 2 year Spouse visa.......the thing i found when applying was that there is no definate list of items one must include...it all seemed very vague for such an important issue.

Regards

s

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:03 pm

Shaffi,
If its been 12 weeks theres no harm in giving them a call. Problem is its really hard getting through on their helpline, plus you cant call, your wife will have to. Get her to call as soon as the lines open, they will ask her to quote the computer reference numbers etc on the fedex slip and will say whether a decision has been made.

I presume you've already checked on the visadropbox site?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:04 pm

the thing i found when applying was that there is no definate list of items one must include...it all seemed very vague for such an important issue.
You mean that the "What supporting documents should I include with my application?" section of this webpage did not help you?

The reason why I asked about the country of application is that the waiting time varies considerably around the world.

I think that after 12 weeks you are justified in asking what is happening. You could send an email to visqry.islamabad@fco.gov.uk , or alternatively contact :-
High Commission Visa Section direct. Contact can be made by telephone: 0092-51- 201 2901
John

SHAFFI

Spouse Visa Application

Post by SHAFFI » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:37 pm

Hi Bash,

I hav'nt used the visa dropbox, i seem 2 recall from an earlier thread u did'nt seem to think it was a good service (out of date etc).

Do you reccommend it now?

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Well it isnt completely up to date no, but lets say your visa is ready to be picked up days ago, but they havent contacted you/cant contact you, this should be enough time for the visadropbox to be updated.

its not great as a primary source to check whether the visa has been issued but if you havent heard anything, its defenately easier to check there than ring the embassy

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:50 pm

If the applicant gets an interview, do the ECO issue the visa right after interview or after a few days. My friend's wife has applied for a spouse visa she got a reply back from the High Commission after 14 weeks and whats more she has got an interview.

SHAFFI

Spouse visa application

Post by SHAFFI » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:36 am

Hi folks,

just to let u know that i have been sent an email from the BHC in Islamabad, confirming that my wife has been authorised a visa, and they will be sending her passport back to her via fedex....i am well excited!!!

I have a question now, with regards to a medical, is there a need for one? if so where i.e over there or does it take place at the airport in the uk?

Regards

S

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:54 am

Congratulations Shaffi, hope your wife enjoys living in the UK.

Medical? It is possible that the Immigration Officer at the UK airport will send her to the small medical facility at the airport for a quick medical. Nothing to be concerned about, and it would only happen the first time she arrives using that visa.
John

SHAFFI

Spouse visa application

Post by SHAFFI » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:50 pm

hi john,

so what your saying is that a medical is not always a done thing, and there may be a possibility. if at the aiirport over here was concerened it may take ages?

Infact i was told that when applicants get there passport back, theres a medical form/questionnaire?

regards

s

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:09 pm

It should not make any difference but if arriving at Heathrow then it is likely that a medical will be done. Compared to, for example, arriving at Birmingham airport where a medical is ordered only rarely.
John

SHAFFI

Spouse visa application

Post by SHAFFI » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi john,

Airport will be Manchester!.....what is their reputation for medicals on arrival?

Also is it a good idea for the wife to have a medical certificate in advance?

Regards

s

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:55 pm

I shall let others post about Manchester airport. I am not sure.

But I really would not worry about this. If it happens, well it happens. It is certainly nothing to be concerned about. There is no charge.
John

florin
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application

Post by florin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:29 pm

hello people,
my fiance request for the marriage visa was denied , can she still come to visit me in UK without a visa ????? (she doesn`t need a visa as tourist)

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Application

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm

florin wrote:hello people,
my fiance request for the marriage visa was denied , can she still come to visit me in UK without a visa ????? (she doesn`t need a visa as tourist)

thanks in advance
This may be a record....this thread is over 10 years old and much has changed within the Immigration Rules since then. :!:

Welcome to the forum, but in order to get a response to your question you should open a new topic and post there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.