ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching of Dependent Visa to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum70

Switching of Dependent Visa to HSMP

Post by anjum70 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi,

I am on student visa . I am going to get married after 5 months.Can my spouse apply for HSMP from here as soon as she comes here on spouse dependent visa or she has to go back to home country for applying HSMP?

I will appreciate any response ,

Thanks ,

Anjum

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:03 pm

You will not be able to switch from a student dependent visa to HSMP and will have to go back to your home country to apply for EC. Have a look at the switching leaflet available from the HO website for more details.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:59 pm

Thanks MWazir Can u tell me what EC stands for?

Thanks once agian,

anjum

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:42 pm

EC = Entry Clearance.

HSMP process is 2 phased. In phase one you will apply for HSMP and get an approval (or rejection). This you can do from the UK. Once you get the approval you will have to travel back to your home country for the Entry Clearance at which point a visa will be issued to you. If you could switch inside the country, you would apply "Further Leave to Remain"

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:18 am

Thanks M Wazir ,

That means that my wife can apply her application from london and if she gets approval than she has to go back to home country for EC. What do u think will how timee will it take once she got HSMP approval from home country?,

Thanks a lot for this valuable inforamtion ,

Thanks,

Anjum

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:17 am

anjum70 wrote:Thanks M Wazir ,

That means that my wife can apply her application from london and if she gets approval than she has to go back to home country for EC. What do u think will how timee will it take once she got HSMP approval from home country?,

Thanks a lot for this valuable inforamtion ,

Thanks,

Anjum
You can have a look at the published timescales. Majority of the HSMP applications are decided within a month or two. It doesnt take too much time for EC once you get your paper work in order depending on where you are from.

pat
Newly Registered

Post by pat » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:14 pm

MWazir wrote:You will not be able to switch from a student dependent visa to HSMP and will have to go back to your home country to apply for EC. Have a look at the switching leaflet available from the HO website for more details.
Hi MWazir,

I'm in the exact situation and tried searching the HO website but didnt find the switching leaflet (sorry I'm stupid :oops: ). Would it be possible for you to let me have the link please. Thanks really.

BTW, I believe current processing time is faaast (only a week-) and I've posted in one of the sticky topic.

Pat