ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice regarding upper tribunal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

searching

advice regarding upper tribunal

Post by searching » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:07 pm

hi
i have appealed against the decision of ait and going to upper tribunal now.i have visited there website but still very confused as to what happens now and how long can i be expected to wait till i get a hearing date.any one with a similar situation please share your experience please i am outside uk at the moment..
thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:13 am

So you put in grounds of appeal - has an appeal been granted, or are you waiting to hear?

Once an appeal is listed for an oral hearing, it's usually about 6-8 weeks before you get a date at Field House (the Upper Tribunal's main hearing centre).

The first hearing is an "error of law" hearing. The tribunal decides whether the Immigration Judge made an error of law or not.

If he did, then they might either go on to consider the matter themselves, or adjourn it for a new hearing.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

searching

hii

Post by searching » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

thanks for your reply....
i have just received my ait refusal less than 28 days ago and now have send that off so they can determine if there is an error of law there or not so that they can give me another hearing thanks

searching

hii

Post by searching » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:21 am

one last thing how can i tell if there is an error of law because according to my opinion i think there is an error of law in my refusal

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 am

I can't tell you how to tell if there's an error, it depends on what the determination actually says!

You need to write "grounds of appeal" which set out what you say the error of law is.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

searching

hii

Post by searching » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 am

thanks for your replies but what i have gathered from these boards and a little bit of my own knowledge i think the judge was wrong and there is a error of law but lets see how it goes ill keep u updated and again many thanks