ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(General) applications - Increase in the points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clarkedale
Newly Registered

Tier 1(General) applications - Increase in the points

Post by clarkedale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 am

Hi All,

Iam new to this forum .. So did go through the posts to findout if my doubts were already raised by someoneelse, I was however unable to find clarity for my doubts..

Appreciate if someone could help !
- I am considering to apply for the Tier -1 General application to UK
>Did take the points based calculation to know my eligiblity.
My results below :-
------------------
Attributes :-
-Age =10
-Qualifications=35
-Earnings=45
-TOTAL = 90
------------------
English language = 10
------------------
Maintenance=10
------------------
The clarification I require is about the increase in points to qualify to Tier-1 from 19/Jul/2010 as per the UK immigration site. As below :-

Increase in the points required for Tier 1 (General) applications
From 19 July 2010, the number of points required for an initial Tier 1 (General) application has increased from 95 to 100.
Additionally:
• the points awarded to those with previous earnings of £150,000 have increased from 75 to 80; and
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Required points have increased from 95 to 100..? Is it in the attributes I should score 100 points..? OR do they mean overall points should be 100..?

Grateful if anyone could clarify please ! Appreciate your help to proceed.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:24 am

Overall

use this and you will see a table with all the points

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 am

http://www.spammer.com/uk/migration-points-test.aspx

ignore the 95 at the top its now 100

This points table is for new applications only NOT extensions

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1(General) applications - Increase in the points

Post by push » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am

clarkedale wrote:Hi All,

Iam new to this forum .. So did go through the posts to findout if my doubts were already raised by someoneelse, I was however unable to find clarity for my doubts..

Appreciate if someone could help !
- I am considering to apply for the Tier -1 General application to UK
>Did take the points based calculation to know my eligiblity.
My results below :-
------------------
-Age =10
-Qualifications=35
-Earnings=45
-TOTAL = 90
------------------
English language = 10
------------------
Maintenance=10
------------------
The clarification I require is about the increase in points to qualify to Tier-1 from 19/Jul/2010 as per the UK immigration site. As below :-

Increase in the points required for Tier 1 (General) applications
From 19 July 2010, the number of points required for an initial Tier 1 (General) application has increased from 95 to 100.
Additionally:
• the points awarded to those with previous earnings of £150,000 have increased from 75 to 80; and
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Required points have increased from 95 to 100..? Is it in the attributes I should score 100 points..? OR do they mean overall points should be 100..?

Grateful if anyone could clarify please ! Appreciate your help to proceed.
You are good to go. People are confusing between points including maintenance & English (10+10) and without. Earlier the requirement was to score 75+10+10 = 95 points, it has now changed to 80+10+10=100. Remember that scoring 10 points each on Maintenance & English criteria is absolutely essential.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

clarkedale
Newly Registered

Post by clarkedale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks Mtuckersa !

The points mentioned on my earlier query is from the points based calculator for Tier 1 general applicants !

-----------------
-Age =10
-Qualifications=35
-Earnings=45
-TOTAL = 90
------------------
English language = 10
------------------
Maintenance=10
------------------
...So since its not 100 points, as u've mentioned Iam not eligible to apply for a Tier1 general ! Hope my understanding is right ?
Grateful if you can please clarify !

clarkedale
Newly Registered

Post by clarkedale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Push !

Thanks for the clarification ! Iam glad now....

You are good to go. People are confusing between points including maintenance & English (10+10) and without. Earlier the requirement was to score 75+10+10 = 95 points, it has now changed to 80+10+10=100. Remember that scoring 10 points each on Maintenance & English criteria is absolutely essential.

So I understand from ur statement ! that iam eligible to apply for a Tier1 general application...

Appreciate ur help !

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:01 am

clarkedale wrote:Hi Push !

So I understand from ur statement ! that iam eligible to apply for a Tier1 general application...

Appreciate ur help !
Yes you are.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 am

clarkedale wrote:Hi Push !

Appreciate ur help !
Now that you are eligible, read the policy guidance thoroughly and it will help you a lot in understanding the requirements clearly.

Policy Guidance for Tier 1 General

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:54 pm

clarkedale wrote:Thanks Mtuckersa !

The points mentioned on my earlier query is from the points based calculator for Tier 1 general applicants !

-----------------
-Age =10
-Qualifications=35
-Earnings=45
-TOTAL = 90
------------------
English language = 10
------------------
Maintenance=10
------------------
...So since its not 100 points, as u've mentioned Iam not eligible to apply for a Tier1 general ! Hope my understanding is right ?
Grateful if you can please clarify !
You are way up there with 110 points. They will be begging you to come to the UK when most of your salary is going to be 40% tax rate.