ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MBA scheme?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bridgetoLondon
Newly Registered

MBA scheme?

Post by bridgetoLondon » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:18 am

Hi everyone, just discovered this board and it is definitely a great find!

I recall reading an article in the Financial Times a few weeks ago which mentioned the UK would be allowing graduates of the world's Top 50 MBA programmes to obtain permission to seek work work without a work permit. The scheme was similar to HSMP in that after one year you would have to show economic activity in order to remain. I have enquired about this with Work Permits UK, and have not heard a response yet.

Has anyone heard about this or able to verify it? If so, details would be much appreciated.

unixguru
Newly Registered

Post by unixguru » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:37 am

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:06 am

I am afraid the MBA scheme and the science and engineering graduates scheme may be shelved for sometime as immigration has been a hot political cake recently... (Quotas for WHMV, Romania and Bulgaria visa scandal etc..)

...I suspect that anything shelved this year will be on the shelves for a while due to the forthcoming elections next year :(
Where there is a will there is a way.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:18 am

Guyz,

Has anyone got any news regarding the MBA Scheme?

srjafri

Post by srjafri » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:17 pm

hi chess

for your information science and graduate scheme is now approved and it will be launched in october 2004.

Random
Newly Registered

Post by Random » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:35 pm

Dear Srjafri,

Can you tell me what is the science and graduate scheme all about? Is it applicable to the fresh graduates or to all graduates who graduated from the top MBA schools?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:33 am

The SEGS and MBA scheme are two mutually exclusive schemes - no link at all..

The SEGS scheme has already been published - details on www.workingintheuk.gov.uk hoewever the details of the MBA scheme have not been published yet..any one with info :roll: