ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about making sure company is not fake ?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yonas
Newly Registered

about making sure company is not fake ?

Post by yonas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 am

I saw work advertisement and I applied for it then they send me back with application form. How can I make sure that they are not fake before I go a step.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:04 pm

What sort of job did you apply for?
What exact application form did they send back to you to fill?
Have they spoken to you already or asked for any details or work experience?

They may be totally fake if even one of the below is true
1. You are in Ethiopia and they have not spoken to you at all
2. They have sent a form that CONFIRMS employment without any previous interaction
3. They have sent a form that asks for bank details or any other personal information
4. They state they will pay so much money that it looks too good to be true.
5. Adding to above, they state they will give you benefits that normally aren't part of standard employment contracts.
6. If you cannot find any info or website of the company on the internet when they seem to be active online and sending forms for submission via the net.

KP

yonas
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by yonas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

THANKYOU for responding , the thing is like this I applied for hotel job, the advertisement is almost in every job finding websites, they do have active websites in google and they mentioned good salaries . Our interaction was twice I send to show my interest on the job specified and they send me 8 detail interview questions and they told me to answer them cleverly . I did answer the detail interview then the company send me back with the company regulations and application form to be filled with one page form telling me that after this point they gave me e mail address to an authority which will contact them and send me another application for processing work permit and visa.. Which I have to send a slip of 150 pounds with the form to th socalled immigration processor . and after that they are telling me they are going to sponsor me with flight .. Is located in scotland please give me your idea on these. I am desperate and in need of help.

Thank you

kenfrapin

Re: urgent

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Until I read the below 2 lines I was about convinced this might be genuine but after this I most definitely doubt it.
yonas wrote:Which I have to send a slip of 150 pounds with the form to th socalled immigration processor . and after that they are telling me they are going to sponsor me with flight
Ask yourself this
1. There are enough and more people in the UK itself to pick up the role
2. They gave you a job only based on 8 interview questions? Come on, thats quite far fetched really.
3. It's next to impossible to sponsor a work permit and visa given this is not a niche or highly skilled profession
4. Flight tickets to come over is not strange but if its a standard job then its again unbelievable

I dont want to put you down but this seriously sounds more a scam than anything else. But I have assumed a lot and may be totally wrong as you havent yet given me what work you have applied for. If you dont want to provide too many details, atleast provide the below info
1. Is this a famous 5 or 7 Star Hotel and has a big chain?
2. What Job Opening have you applied for?
3. What is the package offered?

Finally, you can PM with the name of this Hotel if you do not want to mention it on the post itself

KP

yonas
Newly Registered

last but not least

Post by yonas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:35 pm

quality hotel glasgow is the name of the company that I applied for. Receptionist is the title I was choose . And all employee rights. Check the advertisement in any site and post me back.
I hope you can give me the right answer because I gave you all the details. Please check the reliability of the Advertisement and company.

Really THANKYOU for your time and supportive information.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:42 pm

FAKE FAKE FAKE - no company in the UK will hire a RECEPTIONIST from outside. Forget another country, there are enough Receptionists in Glasgow itself!!!!

Just type this in Google and you will find the details - 'Receptionist Quality Hotel Glasgow Scam' and behold!!!!

You are being scammed BIG time so just forget it and hope you havent given any money to them. Please be careful of such things and use your judgement to validate such scams

KP

yonas
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by yonas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:55 pm

THANKYOU for your information, I didn't pay anything and I won't . But one thing that comes to my mind is that the company on such name should know that somebody is doing something bad on the company's good will. They also mention the address ukvisas.agent@consultant.com where the slip goes to.

Thank you again.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Unfortunately this sort of Scam emailing has been going on for years and because it feels so real, many people get fooled. Recruiting for work is one part of it - emails about lottery winnings, inheritance, bank mistake etc has been going on for years now and these guys get better ideas everyday and target the whole world. Their only hope are people who are not too aware of such scams or just casual net surfers checking emails will fall in their trap.
One of my uncles, being well educated and just a general email user, fell THREE times to some lottery scam so Im not surprised how many other innocent people are caught in this whole mess :-)

None of the original companies do such things and there is no way of stopping fraudsters using genuine bank or company names to scam people. What everyone should do is call the REAL Company directly and ask them about any email to verify if its a scam or not. And just like you smartly did, ask forums or google it and just use by basic knowledge. I am sure the only reason you posted this question here is because you had a nagging doubt that something dint seem right 8)

Can you tell me how you came to know of this job opening? Which website did you apply on?

Regards
KP

yonas
Newly Registered

Post by yonas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I first saw the advert on job in gulf then I tried in many other search engines, google, opera and I found its advertisement on most job finding sites and it all mention that it is posted on september and october of /2010 .

The other thing is they respond nice and easily. The way they create the information about the hotel is very attractive. I may reply to you their application if you are intersed. They have phone ,you can call and check or stop, I don't know. But you have to do sth, right ?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 pm

yonas wrote:THANKYOU for your information, I didn't pay anything and I won't . But one thing that comes to my mind is that the company on such name should know that somebody is doing something bad on the company's good will. They also mention the address ukvisas.agent@consultant.com where the slip goes to.

Thank you again.
This is as fake as Justin Beiber(sry if I have hurt someone on this ;-))....Go through the link and you will know why?

http://www.419scam.org/419-consultant-com.htm

Good luck and stay smart :)