ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imagine
Newly Registered

COA???

Post by imagine » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 pm

hi guys,

i tried to get an answer for my question in another topic but couldn't.so could someone please give me an answer if it is possible?

since CoA is suspended would an overstayer be able to get married in England?thanks

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:56 pm

The following has appeared on this page on the IND website, which I think means the answer to your question appears to be no, I'm afraid
Important information regarding Certificate of Approval for Marriage (COA) applications

Following a judgement in the High Court on 10th April 2006, the Home Office has suspended decisions on some Certificate of Approval for Marriage (COA) applications. These are ones which would normally fall for refusal under current guidelines. The Home Office will be writing to those applicants affected by the suspension.

COA applications which meet the criteria will continue to be decided.

The Home Office is currently considering the full implications of the judgement and this may include amending current guidelines.

In the meantime, if you are currently planning to submit a COA application, you should submit it in the usual way [ie on the COA (M/CP) application form and with the £135.00 fee].
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:11 pm

thanks very much for quick answer

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:12 pm

Paul, to me that sounds like IND have not suspended the CoA legislation, but have merely suspended consideration of some applications.

Amending legislation will no doubt follow.
John

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:17 pm

Yeah - not quite what the media reports seemed to be saying, was it?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....