ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application - History of Student Visa Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrvaibhavpanchal
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application - History of Student Visa Refusal

Post by mrvaibhavpanchal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 am

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 on 3rd November 2010 without any consultant. I have cleared 100 points.

However, I have two student visa refusals in year 2005.

The duration between two refusal is two days.

Refusal 1 Reason) A clerical error of mis calculating my fees as GBP 27500 when it actually was GBP 19500.

Refusal 2 Reason) I had a industrial training for 8 months associated with my course. It was flagged as Disguised Employment in the refusal letter along with shortage of funds (which there wasn't any) along with doubts of doing double Masters (I was pursing Masters through distance learning here).

Is there any specific detail I need to mention to address above for Tier 1 or what special care should I take to apply for Tier 1. So far I have not mentioned anything about refusal in my cover letters.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Pranvayu

studen visa refusal

Post by Pranvayu » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Mate,

I would suggest that you clearly explain each previous refusal reason and your clarification. A cover letter explaining both rejection will surely help but they will have their notes to refer to anyhow.

I don't think that past rejections should have any bearing on your Tier 1 application as long as you are able to claim appropriate points etc.

However, do know that due to your previous rejections, your file will be scrutinized more and specifically your qualification details.

If by any chance anything is not appropriate then don't apply and waste your time and money as close scrutiny of each points claimed by your is guaranteed.

mrvaibhavpanchal
Newly Registered

Post by mrvaibhavpanchal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Pranvayu,

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and add the reasons in the cover letter.

My qualifications and all other points claimed so far are all legit and not even a single fact is altered in slightest manner.

Having said that, like most of the cases, my case isn't a straight forward perfect one. There are some points such as one month salary out of 12 months was received by cheque which I was thinking to ignore to mention. I will make sure I state those facts as well.

I will double check everything though.

Is there a particular place (paid is okay as well) where I can take help for the cover letter?

Thanks!

nksg

Re: Tier 1 Application - History of Student Visa Refusal

Post by nksg » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Just declare both on the form, you should be fine on this..
mrvaibhavpanchal wrote:Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 on 3rd November 2010 without any consultant. I have cleared 100 points.

However, I have two student visa refusals in year 2005.

The duration between two refusal is two days.

Refusal 1 Reason) A clerical error of mis calculating my fees as GBP 27500 when it actually was GBP 19500.

Refusal 2 Reason) I had a industrial training for 8 months associated with my course. It was flagged as Disguised Employment in the refusal letter along with shortage of funds (which there wasn't any) along with doubts of doing double Masters (I was pursing Masters through distance learning here).

Is there any specific detail I need to mention to address above for Tier 1 or what special care should I take to apply for Tier 1. So far I have not mentioned anything about refusal in my cover letters.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!