ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualification Points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Qualification Points

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello

Friends, I have a problem with my qualification points. I got a B.Sc. Honors degree back in 2001 from a local institute in affiliation with a known university in the UK. In 2004-5 that local institute discontinue and no more exists.

Here comes the problem, in the Point Based System, under the qualification, I can not find the name of my institution if i select "Country of award" = Pakistan. However, if i select "Country of award" = UK then the University is in the list.

To know the status of my degree, I contacted NARIC and they wrote to me that there is no need to evaluate / verify my degree as this is already a UK University Degree.

Now, I need a suggestion / advices etc that can tell me if I can apply or not ?

Please give me your feedbacks Or if I am failed to describe my problem clearly, please ask questions.

Best Regards
ZH

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Does the degree certificate say that the qualification is being awarded to you by the UK university / institution?

regards

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello

Thanks for your message !

Well, in fact, the degree has no indication that it was awarded by the local institute. All mentioned is "London Guildhall University"

regards
ZH

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm

I wrote it incorrectly.

The degree was NOT AWARDED by the local institute. It was awarded by LGU (London Guildhall University). And the same is mentioned on the degree and no name or anything about the local institute.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Then the qualification is awarded by the UK university / institution and the same should be selected in the PBS calculator.

regards

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 pm

okay so no matter it was awarded by studying in a college that was in affiliation with the LGU ?

Moreover, you mean that in the PBS i should select UK as the COUNTRY of AWARD instead of pakistan ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 pm

What evidence do you have to prove that the qualification was awarded by an institution in Pakistan?

As you said, the degree certificate has no mention of local institute / university .... and all you need for Tier 1 (General) purposes is the degree certificate ... and that is issued by a UK body!

regards

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, I think i have to mention that on the application letter that I get the degree by studying in a college in affiliation with LGU.

And another evidence is that, I never been to UK.

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I also need to clear 1 thing :

If a college is an affiliate of a University. And the students of that college receives the degree of the University, after study and passing the examination, now who awards the degree ? College ? or University ?

Moreover, if the college is in Pakistan and the University is in UK, then what will be the country of award ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 pm

zeeshanhashmi wrote: now who awards the degree ? College ? or University ?
The degree certificate states the issuing body! I'll surprised if yours doesn't.

IMHO, it is immaterial where and how you attend the course.

regards

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:38 am

Hi,

I just take my degree from the file, and it shows this :

Code: Select all

LONDON GUILDHALL UNIVERSITY

[NAME OF THE STUDENT]
has been awarded the external degree of 

Bachelor of Science
with Second Class Honours 
(1st Division)

having followed an approved programme in
Computing and Information Systems

taught in association with the College of Digital Sciences, Pakistan
I am sorry, i didnt post this earlier. I had to get these documents from my lawyer (not the immigration lawyer).

Since my local institute (College of Digital Sciences) was also an affiliate of NCC Education - UK and the London Guildhall University - UK, it was 2008, when I contacted NCC (http://www.nccedu.com/) through email to obtain a letter that my degree is a UK degree, and a letter to confirm that the language of study was English and I got an official letter in this regards mentioning the same, they also added that I do not need any certificate from NARIC.

Later, I contacted NARIC (just to confirm) I faxed my document to them, and they emailed me below:
Dear XXXXXX,
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that my colleague emailed you yesterday to confirm that we have received your
documentation under this enquiry number for our Fast Track service however we are unable to provide you with the Fast
Track service as your awards are all from the UK and we cannot assess UK qualifications.

I hope this has been of assistance to you.
Kind Regards
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX
and this :
Dear XXXXX

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that as your award is from the UK we cannot offer assistance as we only offer
comparability for overseas academic qualifications. If you require further assistance with regards to these qualifications in
particular with regards to the HSMP programme I recommend that you contact the Home Office directly who will be able
to talk you through this process.
I hope this has been of assistance to you.

Kind Regards
XXXX XXXXXXXX
Now what do you suggest ?
Does this all means that in the Point Based System, under Qualification I will select "UK" and the my degree and the University ?

regards
thanks a lot for your time and support this far !
ZH

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

zeeshanhashmi wrote:

Code: Select all

LONDON GUILDHALL UNIVERSITY

[NAME OF THE STUDENT]
has been awarded the external degree of 

Bachelor of Science
with Second Class Honours 
(1st Division)

having followed an approved programme in
Computing and Information Systems

taught in association with the College of Digital Sciences, Pakistan
The above contradicts your statement posted earlier:
zeeshanhashmi wrote:The degree was NOT AWARDED by the local institute. It was awarded by LGU (London Guildhall University). And the same is mentioned on the degree and no name or anything about the local institute.
Still, IMHO, what is relevant to the application is the awarding body / institution. And you have NARIC letters to prove that they are unable to assess your qualification because it has been awarded by a UK institution!

regards

zeeshanhashmi
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanhashmi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks a lot for looking into my messages and sharing your opinion.

Well, yes ! I am sorry for that as these were old credentials, and have them in my lawyer's office for a month (for some other issue), today, in the morning, I rushed to him and collect these documents, and I realized that I did not write it correctly before you.

Okay, so you mean in my case STILL the degree was awarded by UK.

I do not have any letter from NARIC, however, I have emails of my conversation with them (which I wrote earlier). Some time ago I faxed my documents to NARIC to obtain the certificate PLUS the payment instructions. So I inquired them why my FAST TRACK package was not processed, and then they replied that my awards are all from UK and they do not assess UK qualifications.

Sir, I really thank you for all your support this, may I have a little knowledge about you. You seem to be an UK Immigration Consultant / Lawyer OR you have so much knowledge.

Best Regards
ZH