ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finance etc for fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hope10
Newly Registered

finance etc for fiance visa

Post by hope10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm

I receive child benefit, child and working tax credits and also work part time from home. After my outgoings I am approx £100 short a month of the £160 a week, I need for me, my fiance and our son.

However, I have £2000 of savings of which I could use to top up the shortfall. Anyone have any idea if this is acceptable. Also, my current account is £500 in credit so also have this money too.

Also, once my fiance was in the Uk I would be able to increase my work hours and he will look after our son. Then the shortfall would not exist.

Can I please also ask about rent payments. I live with my parents and transfer the rent I pay them from my bank account to theirs monthly - is it enough to explain this and show the money transfers. We do not have a rent book or anything like that.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Savings are OK, too. If you're £100 short per month, you've got 20 months' worth of money in the savings account. Plus, add the bit about increasing working hours, etc.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.