ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR visa based on CP to UK citizen - documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajax
Newly Registered

Applying for FLR visa based on CP to UK citizen - documents?

Post by ajax » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Hello all, I am a UK citizen who will shortly be united in civil partnership with my partner who is a non-EEA national, but also resident in the UK on a Tier-1 General visa issued this past summer (expiry summer 2012). We have an appointment at the HO in a few weeks at which we will apply for FLR for my partner by virtue of our CP.

I would like to make sure that we have as many documents as possible/necessary to prove financial means, cohabitation, etc.

Apologies in advance for the long list of questions!

My partner and I have been living together for fifteen months. We have many letters, bank statements and mobile phone bills that are addressed to us separately, although at the same address.

I have recently (within the last month) added my partner as a co-account holder on my electric and gas bills, and we have letters from earlier this week addressed to both of us together at the same address confirming that a direct debit has been set up. Does it matter that the letters addressed to both of us are so recent? Do letters proving cohabitation need to be older, or are recent ones acceptable?

Second, I have recently added my partner as a joint account holder on my current and savings accounts. I have asked for statements to be sent to us together at the same address, we should be getting them shortly. Again, does it matter that they are so recent?

I had my will written about a year ago in which I named my partner as the sole beneficiary. Would this be appropriate to bring as well?

My partner is not employed in the UK. My savings a/c has about £20,000 in it, and my e-ISA the same (have recent statements for both). Is this enough £££ to prove I can support my partner, along with my current a/c and payslips? If our appointment is in early November, does it matter that the statements are from mid-September? Should I order newer statements?

I also have bank statements from my current account; how many of those should I bring to the appointment? Will the officer care that my partner has only recently been added as the joint account holder on the current account?

I recently changed jobs; when I go to the appointment I will only have payslips for 1 1/2 months of my new job. Is it alright to bring those, the payslips from my old job and the P45? How much time do the payslips need to cover?

Is there any other type of documentation that either of us should bring with us to the appointment to prove cohabitation and my ability to support my partner financially?

Many, many thanks for your help!