ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration and FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tra8erse
Newly Registered

Police registration and FLR(M)

Post by Tra8erse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

Hi, I have another query regarding my application for further stay as an unmarried partner.

My partner and I have been renting a flat where we currently live, since 22 September 2008 - I have a tenancy agreement to prove this and one other item of correspondence

However, I also have to register any changes of visa type, residence, etc. with the police. The stamp on my police registration certificate is dated 22 October 2008. I am required to report any changes within 7 days, but this time I was late - it was a combination of settling in (we did not have Internet or phone line for a month) and working to a deadline to finish my dissertation at uni.

Now I am wondering if this matters if I state on the application that we cohabited since September and the stamp has a different date? I would think that this does not matter too much - I had been late in registering before (just not by that much) and never had trouble extending my stay. But I really don't want to take any chances.

Thanks for your thoughts.