ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Apeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

powergirl
Newly Registered

Work Permit Apeal

Post by powergirl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:23 am

Hi all,

I just joined today. I'm in the process of waiting for my work permit appeal (work permit application which was rejected the first time, reason given insufficient advertistment to recruit resident worker). It seems the employer that wanted to hire me did not do their homework properly and messed up the application and therefore it was rejected. However a month later they infomed me they would like to appeal. What raises my concern is that apart from my CV and passport details they have yet to request any additional documentation from me. I have 5 yrs working experience (outside of the UK mostly around Asia) in the exact related field i was offered a job in the UK (3 yrs senior, 2 years executive) and graduated with a second class upper bachelor's degree from the UK. However from what i read from several websites, the employer needs to submit additional documents relevent my working experience.

I do hope to get some feedback as to whether the UK employer wanting to hire me might be making another mistake on the appeal?

Thanks in advance.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:55 am

I suspect they may be required to re-advertise job in a publication that is widely read in the UK and EU..they will then have to shortlist all applicants and eventually show that you are the best candidate...
Where there is a will there is a way.

powergirl
Newly Registered

Post by powergirl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 am

thanks.

still not clear why they did not request any additional documents to substantiate my working experience. read from several WP websites, this is a requirement by the home office. i'm afraid that this might contribute to a rejection on the appeal.

please advice.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:33 am

powergirl wrote:thanks.

still not clear why they did not request any additional documents to substantiate my working experience. read from several WP websites, this is a requirement by the home office. i'm afraid that this might contribute to a rejection on the appeal.

please advice.
I am afraid - I cant see the appeal suceeding unless they readvertise the job and meet all the criteria as per HO requirements for WP applications.

Are you in a shortgae skill (Tier 1) or is it a Tier 2 job?

If I was in your situation; I would prepare for Plan B

Sorry; it is not good news
Where there is a will there is a way.