ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my wife with her children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Visa for my wife with her children

Post by DonRaul » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi

Firstly, great forum and have learnt lots for our upcoming application so thanks to all.

I am a UK citizen with a Brazilian wife (married in UK 2005). I have adopted her 3 children in Brazil (in 2009), as we planned to live there. Things have changed and now we want to come to the UK. I am in the process of finding a job and then we will begin our application, but I have some questions:

1 - I believe the children simply enter the process along with my wife. Can anyone advise on what extra documentation we will need to provide for them, other than the adoption papers, and should these be translated? Do they have their own forms, or are they added to my wifes?

2 - The children were adopted by me without the fathers permission, after the Brazilian courts established that they couldnt find him. How will this sit in terms of needing his permission to bring them to the UK? Will the UK accept the adoption and therefore the father doesnt need to be involved?

3 - will the children need to attend the interview with my wife?

4 - does it help if I go to the interview with my wife, when ever it is? This maybe just an excuse for me to go to Rio!

Many Thanks in advance for any advice.
Neil.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 pm

I think the underlying question here is ..... are the children now British Citizens, following the adoption proceedings?
Last edited by John on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm

No, the children only have Brazilian nationality. I think we have to go through the British courts in future for them to get British nationality.