ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health in pregnancy grant

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omeo_21

Health in pregnancy grant

Post by omeo_21 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding health in pregnancy grant for my wife.

My wife arrived here in the UK on a fiancee visa, we married here and she was granted a 2year FLR.

Im a British national born here, and I wanted to know can my wife qualify for the grant. They do say if your subject to immigration control such as no recourse to public funds but that you still may have the right.

Can anyone shed any light on this or any one who I should contact.

Secondly if i fill in the application and they refuse it will it be held against us when we apply for settlement. For example will they say we tried to claim public funds etc..

thanks to those who answer

Natasha42
Newly Registered

Re: Health in pregnancy grant

Post by Natasha42 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:34 am

omeo_21 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding health in pregnancy grant for my wife.

My wife arrived here in the UK on a fiancee visa, we married here and she was granted a 2year FLR.

Im a British national born here, and I wanted to know can my wife qualify for the grant. They do say if your subject to immigration control such as no recourse to public funds but that you still may have the right.

Can anyone shed any light on this or any one who I should contact.

Secondly if i fill in the application and they refuse it will it be held against us when we apply for settlement. For example will they say we tried to claim public funds etc..

thanks to those who answer

Hi there,

As your wife is not a UK National she will not be able to apply for this fund.

cgame

Post by cgame » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:13 pm

u can apply for it make sure you tick the box subject to immigration control on the form, and they will tell ya if ur entitled or not. my wife applied for it while on a settlement visa and i got her ilr no probs