ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

recourse to public funds or not?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

osprey
Newly Registered

recourse to public funds or not?

Post by osprey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 pm

hi im british, my wife (non eu) and daughter (british) will be joining me this month.
currently im working and have a healthy balance in bank but i was wondering if i claimed w tax credit or child benefit it would be seen as my wife recoursing to public funds?

would my claim affect here in future?,

thanks

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Child Benefit is an entitlement and not a recourse to public funds.

Also, if you are talking about the tax credit everyone gets when they are working, it is also not a recourse to public funds. If you are entitled to other certain tax credits, that is also fine.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

cgame

Post by cgame » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:29 pm

u can apply for working tax credit/child tax credit and child benefit. Apply in your name although tax credits will have to be in joint names, but it wont effect anything in the future