ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Dilemma on jobs...

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samsung

My Dilemma on jobs...

Post by samsung » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 am

Hey Guys,

Recently joined a company in a permanent role for 50,000. Its been a week I ve been working. Pls refer my previous thread for details.
And prior to joining this role I also interviewed for a contract role with one of the big financial firm. Today I got a call and they want to offer me the contract. They are offering me 500 a day and its initially for 6 months, a rolling contract.

Am confused, don't know what to do. The money that's coming with this contract is beautiful. Is it gona be wise to go contract and quit my perm role.
My perm role is with a consultancy and I ve to go to their clients and work for them.

Pls advice guys...

Regards,
Samsung

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Tough choice Samsung and not a nice place to be in really.

6 months at £500 a day will pay you not less than £66k which is far far more than £50k. Add to that once 6 months are over and if you dont get a job for 2/3 months it's still fine as the contract alone gave you a lot of surplus cash.

Your option is just professionalism I guess. You have just started with a new company and want to leave within 1/2 weeks. This should be fine really and if you are in a probation period then notice will also be just 1 week.

If I were you, and given the fact the contract will be written down in your document clearly that its for 6 months at £500 a day then I would probably go for it. Make sure though you also account for your wedding plans - get married after the 6 month contract is over and have an extended honeymoon :lol:

All the best
KP

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Raining moolah for you Samsung.

Money is good for this contract job.
Also, based on your hit rate to bag jobs so frequently and for such high values, I WILL definitely assume that you possess good skills...
i.e., begging a job for you in future after contract is over is also highly probable.

Take your chances buddy.

samsung

Post by samsung » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey Guys thanx the reply...

Well my skills are ok, not the best :-) I can do my job well. Its all about selling your skills and communication plays a big role.
In fact my agency said that they interviewed many people for this role, some of them with better technical skills than mine, but could not get the job cos of bad communication, presume they interviewed mostly Asians.

Yea Kef, am planning to take up this role. Contract is good and am used to big money :-) so i ll take my chances. Yea trust me planning for an extended honeymoon in Switzerland.

-Samsung

samsung

Post by samsung » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all ur replies but My only worry is that, when i get married and apply for my wifes dependent visa, i need to fix every thing within 1 month only, because during the extension i need to give them three months pay slip. Not sure if one month month would be enough.
I hope am not wrong regarding this three months things.
Any advice from you guys would really help..

-Samsung