ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pranvayu

Visitor Visa rejected

Post by Pranvayu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I've been to the UK via my employer on numerous occasions in the past and have always abided by all rules and always returned to home country where I'm based. My recent application was rejected due to a complete f*** up by the ECO. My employer had submitted a sponsorship letter detailing the reasons for my travel and that they would bear all expenses, etc, etc.,. This is the same letter used for all my previous successful applications and the one we've used for all our employees (so far we've sponsored appx 100 plus trips to the UK over the past 7 years).

The ECO refered to the sponsorship letter in the refusal decision also but mentioned that they felt that I did not have authorization from the company to undertake the trip !!!!! For heavens sake, this is a sponsorship letter detailing that the company wants me to visit the UK office for ...... How can the ECO mention that the letter doesn't authorize my trip?

I feel this rejection is completely unjust and want to take legal course of action. I can accept if they had a valid reason for rejection but is it OK for them to completely fabricate a reason? I do understand that granting visa is their right and we can't question their logic for refusal but the grounds for refusal have to be justifiable or can they just make up grounds for refusal? I mean, who are they employing there? Is there a quota that they are they supposed to refuse certain amount of applications?

The heights is that a colleague had applied along with me, same day, same documents, and this was his 1st application. His application is apporved but mine rejected !!!!

I know I'm venting frustration here but seriously folks, is there anything I can do about the recent refusal and highlight it to the correct authority within Embassy for redressal?

Also, the main questions is that I will apply again next week. Is there any way for me to request for expediting my application?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:24 am

You should not apply again but instead appeal!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Cannot appeal unless you're a family visitor.

Ask the Entry Clearance Manager for a reconsideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pranvayu

Visitor Visa rejected

Post by Pranvayu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and I dont' want to appeal as this process takes much longer to settle. The project I'm handling requires my presence in the UK immediately hence I'm going to reapply for the visa tomorrow morning.

Vinny, you've mentioned to ask the Entry Clearance Manager for a reconsideration. How can I do this? Please can you outline the process?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:36 pm

I think that you can just write to the ECM. Point out any mistakes that the ECO made.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Pranvayu

Visitor Visa rejected

Post by Pranvayu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks but what's the time frame we're looking at for ECM to review and reply? If they're likely to take two weeks or longer than I mine as apply for a fresh application detailing the previous mistake they've made and ask for approval of the new application.

Does anyone have any experience in contacting ECM directly and getting positive responce?

Pranvayu

visitor visa rejected

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 am

Hi Vinny,

Please can you elaborate on how to contact the ECM? If this is possible and done quickly then I would like to explore this venue rather than reapplying.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 am

For example, see also Testimonial.

Pranvayu

Visitor Visa rejected

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I had reapplied on 11th October instead of appealing. My employer wrote both the invitation and sponsorship letters and mention specifically that my trip and presence is required for business purpose.

Yesterday I got the visa stamped for 6 months.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Good, glad you got it sorted.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Pranvayu

Visitor Visa during AR

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks