ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (Pre Nov 2006 - JR case), applying for ILR soon.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geekhatri

HSMP (Pre Nov 2006 - JR case), applying for ILR soon.

Post by geekhatri » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 pm

hi guys,
I need bit help as i am in HSMP (Pre Nov. 2006 case), I am going to complete my 5 yrs period soon. I want to find out -
1) do i have to appear for the life in UK test
2) My wife is dependant onmy visa, so if i have to appear for the test, does she reqd togive the test as well or it will workwith my test result.
3) what form i have to fill

i was trying to find out the answer for the above question but unable to get it, if any one plz let me know or send me the link of previous postings, will be really gr8full.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 pm

1. Not when applying for ILR but you will need to pass the test before applying for naturalisation.
2. Likewise (as above) for your spouse.
3. You've already been provided the answer, here.

regards

geekhatri

Post by geekhatri » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Not when applying for ILR but you will need to pass the test before applying for naturalisation.
2. Likewise (as above) for your spouse.
3. You've already been provided the answer, here.

regards
Thanks Sush

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:10 am

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am in a doubt over here regarding the Life In UK Test. The official website http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/ says that "This site helps you to prepare for the Life in the UK Test that is now required for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) in the UK or British citizenship".
So doesn't it mean that the Life In UK test has to be given for ILR too?
I am confused :(

Regards,
Cooldepps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 am