ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (I Think)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifeofbrian
Newly Registered

ILR Success (I Think)

Post by lifeofbrian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello,

My wife applied for ILR recently, SET(M), having arrived on a Spouse Visa.

1 - She has received her passport, which inside has a UK Residence Permit stating Indefinite Leave To Remain.

2 - Along with the passport she also received a letter which says "I am returning the enclosed passport endorsed with an extension of stay in the UK"

My query: do these two statements mean the same, ie I want to confirm that my wife has ILR and not 'simply' an extension of stay.

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success (I Think)

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:25 pm

lifeofbrian wrote:She has received her passport, which inside has a UK Residence Permit stating Indefinite Leave To Remain.
Proves settlement. Should have no end / expiry date on it.

Typo error in the letter.

regards

lifeofbrian
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success (I Think)

Post by lifeofbrian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
lifeofbrian wrote:She has received her passport, which inside has a UK Residence Permit stating Indefinite Leave To Remain.
Proves settlement. Should have no end / expiry date on it.

Typo error in the letter.
Thank you sushdmehta for your reply,

Yes, Valid Until date states: Indefinite

Could there potentially be a problem with two documents stating different things.

My wife hopes to apply for Citizenship at a later date, and we don't want this error to confuse things or cause problems

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:43 pm

The endorsement is correct, so there shouldn't be any problem at the time of naturalisation.

regards

lifeofbrian
Newly Registered

Post by lifeofbrian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:56 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The endorsement is correct, so there shouldn't be any problem at the time of naturalisation.
Thanks sushdmehta,

I previously rang the UKBA call centre and they said I should write to UKBA to ask for clarification.

Would you recommend this or not, or would you say it shouldn't matter either way?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:00 pm

No harm in writing if you are worried and want assurance from UKBA. They may even send you a new letter with the right text.

regards

lifeofbrian
Newly Registered

Post by lifeofbrian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No harm in writing if you are worried and want assurance from UKBA. They may even send you a new letter with the right text.
Thank you very much for your help.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Do not worry.

When we applied (Same day Birmingham PEO) they given us the letters with these wordings.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 pm

This is the standard wording everyone gets on the letter at least via the WP/PBS route to ILR. No point in writing to UKBA. They do not give out letters anymore stating you have ILR, the passport vignette is your only evidence.
best regards