ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

discretionary ilr

Post by mehroozeb » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:32 pm

my husband first came into uk on work permit in 1999. the visa for 6 months he went back before exispiry of visa. he was then getting same kind of work permit for 6 months every year up until 2005 ( april - september every year) and every year he would stay for approximately five months. in April 2006 he got 4.5 years work permit. it is due to expire soon. however the employer could not get the required license (tier 2 sportsperson license) so we can not extend the visa. unfortunately the time is short and it is hard to find another employer before the visa expires. the employer has given letter that my husband is still required for the job in question. he also has a job offer for different post with the same employer. the employer has (tier 2 general license but can isuue no certificates of sponsorship due to current intrim limit) i am on dependent visa with him. we have 2 daughters one is 2.4 years and the other one is 7 months. both have irish passport. we own a home and a car here as well. we can not move back to our home country as my husand's brother was killed 6 years ago and he fears for his safety and life as well (genuine case). our lawyer has advised to apply for discretionary indefinite leave.
my question is what are the chances for the sucess.
if this application is unsuccessful can we apply for human rights and what are the chances.
the fact that our kids are irish make any difference.
can home office issue orders for my daughters removal from n. ireland if our application was unsuccessful.
please help. will be much obliged