ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking Visa for my Mother-in-Law

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fmaher
Newly Registered

Taking Visa for my Mother-in-Law

Post by fmaher » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello All,

I got my Tier1 (general) visa 2 month ago, my wife also got this visa as my dependant. I want to take visa for my Mother-in-law who is my wife's step-mother. She is 76 years old and is living with us. She can not live alone and need our close support, so we can not leave her alone because she only has one child (my wife) and no parents.

We can provide some documents to prove that she is living with us and she may need our medical care.

Is there a way to take visa for her? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 pm

You can try but the chances are very slim, if not impossible for such type visas

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:30 pm

See also Older dependent relatives

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:10 am

Unfortunately, settlement visa for mother in law is not yet possible because your wife has not been granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fmaher
Newly Registered

Post by fmaher » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 pm

We can ask for a visa after settlement which will last 5 years and is very long time to wait. My wife can not leave her alone even for 2 years for being eligible for ILR. We are in big trouble and unfortunately it seems that there is no defined rules for this situation.

Any other advise?