ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for baby born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WP09
Newly Registered

Visa for baby born in UK

Post by WP09 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 am

Hello

I'm a Indian national currently in UK on work permit (ICT). If my baby born here in UK I understand I have to apply for baby's Indian passport and register the baby as Indian at Indian high commission office.

Looking at some earlier posts I got the information that my baby won't need UK visa to leave UK but needs when coming back. I can apply for Visa after visiting India. I have the following queries -

1. Can you please confirm if the above information is correct i.e. baby won't need UK visa to leave UK?

2. If Yes then is there any limit of period in which I need to visit India?
i.e. If I plan to visit India after 1 year of baby's birth at that time also baby won't need UK visa to leave UK ? Will any questions be asked at airport?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks
WP99

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 am

Baby will not require a UK visa when leaving the UK. However, should apply for entry clearance when returning to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.