ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD VISA--- PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KKD

CHILD VISA--- PLEASE HELP

Post by KKD » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well and first of all i would like to say a huge thank you to everyone here for being supportive. Well below is my dilemma and i am hoping someone would shed some light on this for me.
I am currently living with my mother in a two bedroom flat which was bought by myself and my wife. My wife is no longer living in the property but still has her name on the mortgage.

My mother is looking to apply for a settlement visa for my sister back in Africa, now my questions are,

1. Can i provide a third party accommodation support for my little sister's application back in Africa? if yes, what would i need to provide.

2. My mom earns roughly between 220-240 every week, is this enough to meet the Maintenance requirement?

3. Could anyone shed some light on these sponsor's undertakings i have been reading about, i am a bit lost i my mom or myself would need to do that if i qualify to provide a third party accommodation support

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:31 pm

How old is your sister? Where is her father? Does your mother pay for rent / share of mortgage / bills / council tax? What is her income after these expenses?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

KKD

Post by KKD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 am

avjones wrote:How old is your sister? Where is her father? Does your mother pay for rent / share of mortgage / bills / council tax? What is her income after these expenses?
thanks for your response, my dad is bk home in africa too but to be honest it has been my mom looking after her since she was born, my sister would be 18 next year october,

my mom is on my council tax bill and utility bills but i hardly take money from her anyway, maximum 40 a month towards council tax thats all. what do you think are our chances...

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:07 am

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what is your mother's immigration status?

What involvement does the father have in your sister's life? How close does he live, how often do they see each other, does he help pay for her?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

KKD

Post by KKD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:20 am

avjones wrote:Sorry, I forgot to ask, what is your mother's immigration status?

What involvement does the father have in your sister's life? How close does he live, how often do they see each other, does he help pay for her?
my mother got her Ilr last year sept, my dad has no involvement whatsoever, he lives quiet far, he does not help in payin any fees, not that I can think of. my sister only sees him when she is back from school, that's pays a visit once or twice then she leaves again, my little sister lives with my big sister nd the husband... thanks

KKD

Post by KKD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:53 pm

KKD wrote:
avjones wrote:Sorry, I forgot to ask, what is your mother's immigration status?

my mother got her Ilr last year sept, my dad has no involvement whatsoever, he lives quiet far, he does not help in payin any fees, not that I can think of. my sister only sees him when she is back from school, that's pays a visit once or twice then she leaves again, my little sister lives with my big sister nd the husband... thanks
Anybody with any ideas on my quest? thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:32 am

Read this thread - it's about the same thing.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65473

KKD

Post by KKD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:36 am

avjones wrote:Read this thread - it's about the same thing.

thanks avjones, read through the thread, but i have couple of unanswered quests, these are,

1. as the mortgage is in both myself and my wife's name all though she is no longer living there and can i provide a third party accommodation support for my mother? its a two bedroom flat and its only two of us living there now

2. My younger sister is staying with my elder sister and her husband, will this be a problem if we overcome the problem with my father's existence in her life?

and last question is, would a written confirmation from my dad stating he has never been financially or any other way in support of my sister's life work for the ECO or my mom would need to get court papers stipulating this. PLease advise,

cheers

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 am

KKD wrote:

thanks avjones, read through the thread, but i have couple of unanswered quests, these are,

1. as the mortgage is in both myself and my wife's name all though she is no longer living there and can i provide a third party accommodation support for my mother? its a two bedroom flat and its only two of us living there now

It might well be over-crowded, with you, your mother, and your sister there. I don't know about the wife issue entirely, she has a legal right to live there even if she isn't actually living there. A letter from her stating that your sister has her permission to live in her house might well help.

2. My younger sister is staying with my elder sister and her husband, will this be a problem if we overcome the problem with my father's existence in her life?

It could do - they could say that her sister and brother-in-law have some responsibility for her. But not necessarily.

and last question is, would a written confirmation from my dad stating he has never been financially or any other way in support of my sister's life work for the ECO or my mom would need to get court papers stipulating this.

That could go either way, to be honest. They might take the writing of a letter as proof he is involved! Difficult one.

KKD

Post by KKD » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 am

avjones wrote:
KKD wrote:

It might well be over-crowded, with you, your mother, and your sister there. I don't know about the wife issue entirely, she has a legal right to live there even if she isn't actually living there. A letter from her stating that your sister has her permission to live in her house might well help.

It could do - they could say that her sister and brother-in-law have some responsibility for her. But not necessarily.

and last question is, would a written confirmation from my dad stating he has never been financially or any other way in support of my sister's life work for the ECO or my mom would need to get court papers stipulating this.

That could go either way, to be honest. They might take the writing of a letter as proof he is involved! Difficult one.
thanks avjones, all your answers makes a whole lot of sense, but I am a bit confused about the overcrowding bit, I thought the guide states that a two bedroom can occupied by maximum of three individual, so takin into account my mother, sister nd myself if I could get the letter from my wife, the thing is she has moved back to her home country Sweden, thanks