ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I don't have my first WP details - Planning to APLLY FOR ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiraju

I don't have my first WP details - Planning to APLLY FOR ILR

Post by chiraju » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi All

I am planning to apply ILR now under SET (O), My situation is

Arrived at UK on WP (valid for 1 year) on Sep 11 2005
09 June 2006 Left UK (Still on the same work permit)
Back to UK on 23rd July 2006 (On a different work permit which was valid for 5 years) - (Gap of 47 Days)
Applied and got a Tier 1 VISA valid for 3 years in July 2008 So now I am on Tier 1 VISA

My question is
1. I don't have the Original copy of my first WP (my employer took it back when I resigned in India) - So will this be a problem? I might have a photocopy which I can refer for the WP number etc.... but not sure

2. I think I am qualified for ILR now (I mean on 11th September 2010 after completing 5 years) - If I am wrong please let me know what you think?

Thanks
Raj

at123
Newly Registered

Post by at123 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi,

1)If you have photocpy then its fine.They just need the reference number in case

2) You are eligible to apply for PR..

chiraju

Post by chiraju » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:22 pm

at123 wrote:Hi,

1)If you have photocpy then its fine.They just need the reference number in case

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:31 pm

at123 wrote:Hi,

Not PR - that's for EEA-related applications. The OP was right when he said ILR. Costs a lot more :?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

chiraju

I don't even have my first WP photocopy or any details..

Post by chiraju » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:55 am

Hi...

Sorry I thought I have my first work permit photocopy, but looks like I don't even have a photocopy of my work permit. Is this is going to be a problem when I apply for ILR?

Or is there any way to obtain the first WP details?

Thanks
Raj

at123
Newly Registered

Post by at123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 am

Well,you need bit of luck as they sometimes asked to have WP copy.Do you have experience letter of all the employer you worked for.?

chiraju

Post by chiraju » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 am

at123 wrote:Well,you need bit of luck as they sometimes asked to have WP copy.Do you have experience letter of all the employer you worked for.?
I hope I do, I need to check for it. I have found the reference number of my first WorkPermit. So I have written a e-mail to UKBA asking if the reference number is ok or they need copy / original of the work permit.

Lets see what they come back with, mean while any suggestions / help is much appreciated from this forum.

Thanks
Raj

UK2US
Newly Registered

Re: I don't have my first WP details - Planning to APLLY FOR

Post by UK2US » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am

chiraju wrote:Hi All

I am planning to apply ILR now under SET (O), My situation is

Arrived at UK on WP (valid for 1 year) on Sep 11 2005
09 June 2006 Left UK (Still on the same work permit)
Back to UK on 23rd July 2006 (On a different work permit which was valid for 5 years) - (Gap of 47 Days)
Applied and got a Tier 1 VISA valid for 3 years in July 2008 So now I am on Tier 1 VISA

My question is
1. I don't have the Original copy of my first WP (my employer took it back when I resigned in India) - So will this be a problem? I might have a photocopy which I can refer for the WP number etc.... but not sure

2. I think I am qualified for ILR now (I mean on 11th September 2010 after completing 5 years) - If I am wrong please let me know what you think?

Thanks
Raj
Hi Raj,

You mentioned that you came back to UK on 23rd July 2006 On a different work permit , that means you have got entry clearance again so that means your clock would reset from that date so your 5 years stay in UK will be complete by 23rd July 2011 .

Please check with senior members or O immigration lawyer.

chiraju

Post by chiraju » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks UK2US (Raghav).
My Entry Clearance which was granted for WP1 was valid till 27th July 2006 and I had applied for a new Entry Clearance on 12July 2006 and travelled back to UK on 23rd July 2006.
So I never had a VISA GAP. So I hope I am OK.
And also I can explain if asked that when we switch workpermit then we have to apply for leave to remain (or further leave to remain) so since at this time I was in India that was an out of country application so I applied for Entry Clearance. I hope this is not a problem.
My Total absence is surely not more than 80-90 days. in 5 years. So I hope everything should be ok.